by JahKneeSee

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Specific Oasis Springs well never respawns frogs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect a frog from the well near the community garden and picnic tables in Oasis Springs, across the street from Johnny Zest's home.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you collect a frog from the well at the location mentioned above a new frog will never respawn in that location. Every other well in Oasis Springs (the one in Johnny Zest's backyard, the one in Forgotten Grotto, and the one outside of the Grotto entrance behind the Landgraabs' house) spawns new frogs every one to two days. This specific location will only work once, and after that the option to look for frogs is always greyed out.
What do you expect to see? A new frog in that location every day or two.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I realize there are more pressing issues to deal with since the most recent update but this one has been annoying me for ages. With mods and without, across dozens of new games, this always happens when I move a newly created sim into one of the Oasis Springs starter homes and start my collectibles search.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (1,683 Views)

Re: Specific Oasis Springs well never respawns frogs

Hero
@JahKneeSee Was this an issue before the patch or is this newly happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,644 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@JahKneeSeeWas this an issue before the patch or is this newly happening ?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. It’s been an issue for probably about a year, and happens with every game I play. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,629 Views)

Hero
@JahKneeSee Could you maybe add a screenshot of the map with an arrow pointing to the problem frog log ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,614 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@JahKneeSeeCould you maybe add a screenshot of the map with an arrow pointing to the problem frog log ?

See attached.

Message 5 of 14 (1,592 Views)

Hero
@JahKneeSee Perfect. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,581 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Specific Oasis Springs well never respawns frogs

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that this specific well never respawns frogs. The other well in that neighbourhood respawnes frogs regularly.

Message 7 of 14 (1,371 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Specific Oasis Springs well never respawns frogs

★ Apprentice

I had not noticed the problem in Oasis Springs but "search for frogs" only works once in the Magic Realm and the Werewolf world next to Greg's house. You search for frogs and then it stays grayed out forever more in that game save. At first I thought I only need to wait. But I waited and waited and fast-forwarded many days. And it never allowed me to search for frogs again. Just the well. Not frog logs. 

Message 8 of 14 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict I don't know if it's correct to write it here, but it's not just this well, even the one located at Moonwood Mill near Greg's trailer no longer works after the first time you use it.
Message 9 of 14 (740 Views)

Hero
@GiardiniDiMarzo I guess it's fine here. Could you add a pic with an arrow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (737 Views)