by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Space plants need water

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Discover University, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plants a space plants
What happens when the bug occurs? The space plants like Orb, Intergalactic growth pod, and Tentacle trees, before update they didn't need water (cause they are space plants tho), but after update they need water more than common plants, that's nonsense
What do you expect to see? Space plants didn't need water (except the seed)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After update to 1.63.133.1020 patch

So, I found this bug, hope this will be fixed soon

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,508 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Water all doesn't water all plants

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amx081 Could you please make a separate thread for the Orb, UFO and tentacle plant needing water now ?

EDIT: Was it other plants that didn't get watered than the alien ones that say they need but shouldn't ? Maybe the water all is interrupted because of those ?

Could you test on a copy of the save if removing the alien plants makes water all work again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,398 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried to separate the common plants with the space plants and "Water All" works perfectly. It means the bug is in the space plants 😶😶

Message 3 of 12 (3,346 Views)

Hero
@amx081 Do you want to edit this report to make it about the space plants or make a new one ? Either way you prefer is fine

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,336 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'll edit this, thank you
Message 5 of 12 (3,324 Views)

Stuck Utili-bots (gardener bots water a single plant until they run down)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco; university; famous; seasons; pets; city; get together; get to work; magic; parenthood; vampires; dining out; outdoor retreat; tiny living; fitness; vintage glamour; garden; movie; spooky; kitchen; patio; luxury; holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Activate a gardening utili-bot around a tentacle tree or quill fruit plant that needs water (not sure if it still happens if the plant doesn't need water)
What happens when the bug occurs? if the bot starts watering the plant it will keep watering the plant until the bot runs out of battery or durability or both. I have not seen this with any of the other plants, but these are the two I find it stuck on.
What do you expect to see? I expect the gardener utili-bot tend the garden and not get stuck watering one plant until the bot runs out of battery or durability or both
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. eco living installed

The gardener utili-bot, once activated, should tend all accessible plants on the plot including the duties of weeding, pest control and watering. The gardener utili-bot should not get stuck watering a single plant until it's battery, durability or both run out.

For example: I activate a fully tuned bot - lvl 10, full battery, full durability. It hovers over to my tentacle tree, applies pesticide as needed and then begins to water the tree. It continues to water the tree. Hours (in-game) later, it's still watering the tree. If it is supposed to take this long to water an alien plant then that's fine. I would like to know if this is intended or not. If it is intended, it sucks, and renders the gardener bots practically useless...which is disappointing because I like the idea of being able to activate a bot or two to tend my garden and then collect them when they're done so my sim can do something more productive with their time...kinda what robots are intended to do...(well, maybe not the servo when it's pumping out white cakes lol)

Message 6 of 12 (3,287 Views)

Re: Stuck Utili-bots (gardener bots water a single plant until they run down)

★★★★★ Novice

...to follow up, I have tried Testingcheats on, shift-click, reset object (debug). I have also tried resetting the game cache, etc. Neither of these worked.

Message 7 of 12 (3,281 Views)

Hero
@Billiardparty489 Could this be your issue ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Space-plants-need-water-after-pacth-update/m-p/917...

I think it's not related to bot. The space plants should really need watering but they kinda do since the last patch, making them bug out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (3,260 Views)

Hero
@Billiardparty489 Tagging to see thread answer above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (3,218 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Was there ever a solution to this? The only plant my gardener bot gets stuck on is the Tentacle tree(granted I only have 2 types of trees in my garden, that and money). If the tentacle tree is there my gardener bot will just sit watering it, but if I take the tentacle tree out the bot will tend the rest of the plants without issue.

Message 10 of 12 (3,056 Views)