by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Some vegetables are incorrectly tagged as fruit

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but moscino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Starter vegetable seed packets, opening 'vegetables' that can't be used for the 'any vegetables' when cooking. Green pea, taro root, bell pepper - incorrectly tagged so game not recognising as vegetables. (could be more)
What happens when the bug occurs? Vegetables from the starter vegetable seed packet not compatible with cooking with any vegetable due to being incorrectly tagged as fruit.
What do you expect to see? If the 'vegetables' are in the starter vegetable seed packet then you should be able to use them to cook with when using a recipe that requires any vegetable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sta

Message 1 of 6 (749 Views)

Re: Starter vegetable seed packet

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LittlBowBub I can use those vegetables fine for cooking. Any special dishes that don't work ?

Did you open the seed packets first  ? You do need the actual vegetables in your inventory but you also can't plant them if you don't open the seed packets.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's not all the vegetables, the older ones work fine but it's the bell peppers, green peas and the more recent ones from seasons on wards that don't seem to work. 

I have looked in Sims 4 Studio and they seem to be tagged as fruits and not vegetables but they are in the vegetable starter seed packet and also in some of the descriptions actually say vegetable. 

Message 3 of 6 (685 Views)

Hero
@LittlBowBub Only the ones from the seed packets or also if you receive them by other means ? Basically an issue with some vegetables being tagged the wrong way, right ?

Would be good to know which ones exactly those are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't checked them by other means, only the ones you get from the seed packets. 

Yes, it seems that some are just tagged incorrectly, so the game doesn't recognise them as 'vegetables' but they otherwise work as a plant seed in general. 

I will have to check which ones are not working properly.

Message 5 of 6 (657 Views)

Hero
@LittlBowBub I adjusted the title

Could you maybe edit your first post to describe the tag issue + a list of everything affected.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (634 Views)