by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Some plants have 1/4 footprints

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat,Strangerville, Backyard, Bowling, Fitness, Kids Room, Luxury Party, Moschino, Patio, Romantic Garden, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? plant a spinach
What happens when the bug occurs? Spinach plant takes up 1 full tile.
What do you expect to see? Spinach plant should be 1/4 tile, like other plants, and not 1 tile, like a tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch

[Admin - Removed duplicate templates. When you submit your bug report make sure that none of the info from the templates shows up in the comment box so it's not duplicated. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 14 (869 Views)

Re: Spinach Plant

Hero
@InDogsWeTrust I can't duplicate this.

Are you planting them in a planter or on the ground ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Straight in the ground. I tried moving it using build mode. I wonder if I did something wrong.

Message 3 of 14 (849 Views)

Hero
@InDogsWeTrust Could you post a picture ? Can you not plant others next to it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (843 Views)

Hero
@InDogsWeTrust Could you test a planter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

It looks like 1 tile is the normal size for this type of plant, which also includes sage and probably several other herbs. Even though they take up 1 tile, they still fit 4 to a planter box.

Message 6 of 14 (781 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 I do see a tendency for them to get planted somewhere else than I a wanted but I am able to plant them less than a tile apart with some trying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (773 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I am also seeing this, and I'm seeing it with more than the spinach plant. 

Here's my spinach plant:

Here's the chrysanthemum (I'm also seeing the same with roses, which have a similar plant look to chrysanthemum when mature):

Here's the snapdragon (I get the same thing with crocus, which is a similar shape to snapdragon when mature):

I checked the dragon fruit, carrots & UFO plant this sim family had and they are all the usual 1/4 tile (and the family's two trees are the usual full tile):

The plants that take a full tile on the ground can be placed in the usual place in a square planter (ie you can still get four in, all four that are in this planter show as needing a full tile when placed on the ground but seem fine in the planter) 

If you try to place the plants that take a full grid close together on the ground you can't (no move objects cheat on).  You can with the ones that correctly show as only 1/4 grid.

(where you have to place them on the ground, no MOO cheats)

Here's where you can place the 1/4 tile ones on the ground (these are both dragon fruit):

Best regards,

Jennifer

Play on Windows 10, currently have all the packs, incl Tiny Living & Update PC: 1.60.54.1020, no mods/cc  

Message 8 of 14 (763 Views)

Hero

@MapleSimmer If I move them around, I see what you mean but when I plant them, they do seem to place closer.

Also, was this ever different ? 

PLants.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (761 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I've been mostly planting in planters since Seasons (ie having plants in planters inside in 'greenhouses', etc) so it's really been too long for me to remember.  It does seem odd that some of the plants are 1/4 tile while the others are full tiles when you'd expect them to all be the same (except for trees of course Standard smile ).  Hopefully someone else can comment whether this is new or has always been like that.

Regards,
Jennifer 

Message 10 of 14 (711 Views)