Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Social Interaction Missing During Events/ Error Code: 110:ed6f08c

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs when my sim plans a party and the party begins
What happens when the bug occurs? When the party begins and the guests arrive I can not click on my sim or any of the guests. It simply doesnt bring up any interaction options. However I can click on objects, on pets and can direct my sim to move around the home. I have then canceled the party event and after the even is cancelled the ability to click on sims and the interaction menu is back.
What do you expect to see? I expect the interaction menu to appear when I select sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug appeared after the July 23rd 2020 patch

So I first came upon this bug when my sims were throwing a Costume Party for Spooky Day. Gameplay was fine right up until the moment the party began and I was no longer able to click on my sim to bring up the interaction menu or on other sims to bring up said menu. However I could click on the sims' pet and other objects nearby. I taking my mods out to see if this was the issue and upon reloading the game the issue persisted until the party was canceled. I don't know if anyone has had any issues with other parties as I've only had the one party for now. 

Please help me out on this one as to me it's a huge gameplay issue Frown 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 53 (3,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Social Events not working right

★★ Novice
@siirysiir Thanks for the info.
@ingrid2309 It seems to be working now, maybe it was solved with the patch today.

View in thread

Message 50 of 53 (2,657 Views)

All Replies

Re: Social Interaction Menu Missing During Events

★★★★★ Novice

I would like to update this as I have tested the save file with another party instance. After canceling the Costume Party I had my sim organize a House Party Event. The new party began and the social interaction menu was present. At this time it can be assumed that perhaps it's only the Costume Party event that may be affected by this bug.

Message 2 of 53 (3,870 Views)

Hero
@flirtysimlish Did you put your mods back before you tried the house party ? Can you duplicate it again without mods with a costume party ?

It's possible that taking mods out didn't help as the party was already ongoing but it worked on a new party

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 53 (3,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict thanks for the suggestion. I did test this out to the result that the [missing social interaction menu during events] issue still persists with and without mods and even a new party started. I tested this by loading the file up with mods, canceling the first Spooky Party that the issue began in, starting a House Party and playing a few in game minutes, the social interaction menu was working for the House Party. I then canceled the House Party and started a second Spooky Party and played for a few in game minutes. The social interaction menu was again missing on only the sims including my household sim. I repeated this process with a modless version of the save to the same results.

I put the bug issue in brackets for clarification.

Message 4 of 53 (3,809 Views)

Hero
@flirtysimlish OK, now I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about pie menu socials not working on Sims or no goals for the event ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (3,804 Views)

Error Code: 110:ed6f08c:4bf7658e (Spooky Party Glitch)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

When I try to plan a Spooky Party anywhere but at home, either I can't interact with the sims once the game loads in or I get this error. It also throws a LE if the game even loads. It only happens with the Spooky Party, other parties are working fine. I've removed mods, cleared caches, repaired the game, started new saves, nothing changes. I'm posting to see if this is a common problem that others can reproduce and if there's a solution or if it needs fixing. Thank you! Standard smile

Edit: I did some more testing. The Spooky Party is completely broken on my game. Even when I plan one at home, my sim can't interact with any of the sims that have Guest above their name. They can interact with non Guests and service sims just fine. I had my brother try it on his computer, he's never had mods, same result. It's not a huge deal, but it's disappointing that I can't use one of the main features from a stuff pack. Frown

Message 6 of 53 (3,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrictI've managed to reproduce the same thing. It's Harvestfest, so I set up a Spooky Party at a nightclub in San Myshuno. When the event started, the game tried to load the lot, then failed with Error code 110 and told me to restart.

When I restarted, I tried again and instead, I travelled to the lot before the party was due to start. This time, the party began OK, but the pie menu was completely missing when I tried clicking on my own sims or on party guests. On other NPCs nearby, like the DJ and the background dancing clubbers, the pie menu was available.

EDIT: with the cheat box open, I could see the error message when clicking on sims which had the pie menu missing -
"Error: Trying to use SingleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantTypeCASPart.StoredCASPartsOnObject"

Message 7 of 53 (3,762 Views)

Social menu not available during Spooky Party

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throw a Spooky Party (other party types seem to be unaffected).
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction menu does not pop up when clicking on other sims or on the active sim. The shift-click cheat menu seems to appear as normal. Most interactions with objects seem to function normally. However, social interactions on objects do not seem to appear. (As an example, my sim was able to cook a plate of spooky cookies, but was not able to call guests to the meal.)
What do you expect to see? I should be able to change my sim's outfit/costume by clicking on them and I should be able to interact with guests.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue only began occurring as of the most recent patch.

I usually play with mods and CC. However, I was able to replicate the bug after removing all my CC and mods, clearing my cache, and starting a fresh save file. The issue occurs immediately and 100% of the time after the Spooky Party begins. The menus function as normal immediately after the event is ended. I tested throwing a house party and the issue did not occur, but I didn't test any other type of party. As far as I can tell, it seems to be unique to spooky parties.

Message 8 of 53 (3,779 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Sorry I do mean the Pie Social Menu. The goals for the events appear just fine to me.

Message 9 of 53 (3,725 Views)

Re: Social menu not available during Spooky Party

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there! I actually created the same bug report yesterday with the exact same results! Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

Message 10 of 53 (3,724 Views)