by unseenlarks

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Simultaneous phone calls

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a household with more than one Sim (mine has 6).
What happens when the bug occurs? one Sim will get a phone call (showing in their miniature photo) and a second later, another one will, too, while the first notification is still active.
What do you expect to see? just one call at once.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i play a household of 6 Sims. often, one of them will get a call and, while it's "ringing", another one will. so of course, i can only choose one--and sometimes, i'll be expecting a few of them to be asked on a date, for example, or to get someone to visit/ask to hang out.

so basically... i'm about to click on one call, when another notification shows--so both exist at the same time. the one i don't choose disappears. it's frustrating to get two calls at the same time, having to be extremely quick to choose one, and not knowing what i missed with the other one. i think there should be more time in-between calls.

Message 1 of 11 (1,931 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Simultaneous phone calls

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,846 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Simultaneous phone calls

★★ Expert
thank you! =)
Message 3 of 11 (1,836 Views)

[UNSURE/A] NPC Texts Disappear Too Fast

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs [EXCEPT for Jungle Adventure], all stuff packs EXCEPT for My First Pet Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Receive a text message from an NPC that appears as a ringing phone-icon notification above your Sim's icon in the UI.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the sim that received the NPC message, it appears. However, if I click anywhere else, or receive another, it instantly goes away and the information/opportunity is lost.
What do you expect to see? When the message pops up, I expect it to stay there long enough for me to read it and respond. Additionally, I expect not to have other Sims' text messages come in and make the original disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This was frustrating because my Sim recently got an opportunity text, but I couldn't read the details because another text sent from a different Sim had overridden it and made it disappear.
They disappear way too fast and they aren't recorded on the Notification Wall.

My question is this: Is this by design?

Additionally, are there mods out there that correct this issue?

Message 4 of 11 (1,837 Views)

Re: NPC Texts Disappear Too Fast

Hero
Hi @tomanynote

by clicking somewhere do you mean click somewhere else or on the message itself ?

Is the second message you receive related to the first as this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Text-Message-Repeats/m-p/6442215 or just another invite ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,819 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I know if I just try to click pause to read the notification or try to quickly prepare my sim to go to the asked location, the notification will disappear. If I've caught the name in the text or it's from one of my sim's friends, I'll work it into the story for my sim to either call or text back to keep the relationship from dropping. I can relate to the frustration of this glitch, for it's kind of irritating.
Message 6 of 11 (1,795 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! I mean clicking somewhere else.
No, the second message is not the same as the problem.

Message 7 of 11 (1,742 Views)

Hero
@tomanynote Merged this with an older similar report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,706 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Simultaneous phone calls

★ Guide

I have an issue that may or may not be similar.

I do have the Parenthood game pack. I don't play with any mods or CC.

I see my Sim's phone ringing and it says the call is from one of her adult children. A half second later a message pops up about one of the younger children at school. She can't take the call from her adult child and can only answer the pop up about the young child at school.

Message 9 of 11 (1,602 Views)

Phone notifications timeout too fast to react tot them

★★★★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, GF, IL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens whenever a message pops up from the mobile phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The message times out after about ten seconds, then disappears. Worse - it appears to be linked to Sim in-game time, so that if my Sim is asleep notices go away so fast I often don't even see them.
What do you expect to see? I expect a longer delay before it times out - and in the case where an important choice is to be made - like excepting a potential job, or deciding to work from home for certain jobs - the message should be available until I have a chance to decide and make that choice.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when this issue came up. I have not played Sims 4 for about six months - and recently just bought "Strangerville" and "Island Living". This was not happening before installation of these two items.

It is very annoying in many cases and what I consider a critical failure when choosing to take PTO, work from home, or go in to the office. My Sim is often asleep when that notice comes. I have to watch and make sure he is awake, or I will miss the chance to decide. It is merely annoying when I miss out on parties or dates because ten seconds is not enough time to consider if I want to interrupt what I am currently doing and go run off somewhere.

Message 10 of 11 (1,605 Views)