Obese Sim’s upper bodies get slim upon Zoom-Out

by elitree8

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims wont stay fat if they wear a certain dress

★★★ Newbie

I’m having a problem with my sim. She has been working out forever. And whenever i go into the change sim mode i can see her abs and muscle tone but then when i go to live mode it disappears. Can you please fix it!!!

Message 31 of 47 (1,313 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims wont stay fat if they wear a certain dress

Hero
Is this happening for the particular dress the OP mentioned ? This is very specific issue only happening at a specific angle. Your issue sounds a bit different.

Can you post a picture of what you're seeing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 47 (1,301 Views)

Obese Sim’s upper bodies get slim upon Zoom-Out

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -Everything that comes with the Digital Deluxe -City Living -Cats and Dogs -Seasons -Vampires -That free Christmas stuff from last year
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build an obese (male) Sim, give him a shirt and trousers. Then zoom out. Edit: This only seems to apply to some clothing-combinations, check the attachements to see the combination that led to the bug. During this playthrough the only other dress I wore was his bathrobe, which didn't cause any issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon zooming out, the Sim’s upper body decides that it doesn’t like obesity and ‘snaps’ into what I believe to be the thinnest male character model available. The legs still stay as they were. This isn't interrupted by changing animations (At least I painted and sat down and the bug still occurred. I haven't yet done much more as I just started playing this savegame.).
What do you expect to see? This might sound insensitive, but I kinda expected him to stay corpulent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug occurred after starting a new game with the Patch from the 16 July 2019. I used the CAS-Story. Not sure if that is what caused it, but I believe it might be acknowledgeable.

Unfortunately I can’t recall which exact shirt I used. If I find ‌out, I’ll see if this report can be updated. Same applies to my system infos.

Message 33 of 47 (1,373 Views)

Re: Obese Sim’s upper bodies get slim upon Zoom-Out

Hero
@elitree8 COuld you please post a few pictures, thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 47 (1,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry it took me so long, I updated the issue now. As you can see, the pictures containing the bug are on a lower resolution. This is due to fact that I cropped all pictures in order to show the sim. However, the bug only occurs if you are zoomed out far enough, so naturally the cropped area is smaller.

Message 35 of 47 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@elitree8 Looks a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-wont-stay-fat-if-they-wear-a-certain-dress/m-...although that's the entire body but that dress is full body so that may be the difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 47 (1,335 Views)

★★ Novice

True, it appears as the main difference is that it only affects the upper body here. I imagine that the dress in Mogway's bug ticket changed the whole appearance due to it being a full-body dress; meanwhile this bug only affected the shirt in my case (?). Thanks anyway, is there any possibility to submit my ticket to hers?

Message 37 of 47 (1,332 Views)

Hero
@elitree8 Yup, agree. Yours is just a top so it seems to only affect the upper body part.

I've merged your post and will let QA know there's another piece of clothing that does the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 47 (1,324 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much :D

Message 39 of 47 (1,315 Views)

★★ Guide

dang i wish i had his shapewear,,,  ill try and reproduce this tho

Message 40 of 47 (1,287 Views)