by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims with certain max skills stop appearing at community lots

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit nightclub or gym community lots many times or use cheats to max the skill of a sim - for example raise an NPC DJ's skill to level 10 (max 100%) or any sim visiting a gym's fitness skill to level 10 (max 100%).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with maximum fitness skill will cease autonomously being spawned as gym visitors or neighbourhood joggers. NPC DJs will stop showing up for work at nightclubs, (even though they are still employed as DJs when you ask their career) when they have maxed their DJ skill through regularly using the DJ booth and be replaced by newly generated DJ NPCs unnecessarily.
What do you expect to see? Even if a sim reaches max fitness, I'd still like to see them being selected to appear as joggers or gym visitors so they maintain their current fitness levels. Even if an NPC DJ reaches max DJ skill, I'd like them to continue playing at club venues instead of being replaced for no reason.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Context:

I noticed that a lot of my previously fit sims started losing muscle and getting fat, and observed that the game was no longer selecting them to appear as random joggers or gym visitors once they had reached maximum level 10 fitness skill. At the gym, the game would show preference to summon sims with less than level 10 skill, even having the same sims reappear multiple times during the day - they'd work out, go home and then immediately be back for another workout a couple minues later.

I also notced that the game would keep generating new DJs, even though it had plenty already - at least two regular DJs and a DJ headliner. The older DJs would stop appearing at nightclubs and the game would replace them with new spawned DJs. Even if I went to neighbourhood management and deleted the new DJs, the old ones would not be chosen to appear at nightclubs any more and the game would keep trying to make new replacements.

I don't mean that these sims will not appear at any community lots as regular visitors e.g. just walking by or eating burgers at the partk - they just stop being chosen for contextual stuff like max fit sims don't get chosen as working out gym visitors again.

Testing:

To test this theory that the game's community lot summoning mechanism was ignoring max skilled sims, I used cheats to downgrade a known NPC DJ's skill level down to level 8. The next time I visited a nightclub, there he was back DJing again successfully – the game stopped trying to replace him and was using him again.

Bug or by design?

I am not sure if this is a tuning bug, where the game is set to prefer spawning sims at community lots between certain skill ranges, and hence not spawning visitors at gyms with zero fitness and max fitness. Or if this is some by design feature to gradually cycle out sims over time and keep community lots with fresh new faces.

It just seems silly that all my sims with now maximum fitness are never exercising ever again and becoming fat unless I play them or that even though the game has multiple actively employed DJs, it keeps trying to generate new ones instead of using the existing ones just because they got better at their jobs.

I haven't tested to see if this affects other skills and jobs, for example if a sim reaches max singing skill, do they stop showing up to sing at karaoke bars?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,813 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims that reach certain max skills stop appearing at community lots

Hero

You picked you weren't sure when this started happening, but do you know if it ever was different ?

It does sound like a bug to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,716 Views)

Re: Sims that reach certain max skills stop appearing at community lots

[ Edited ]
Champion

I picked not sure because I think it's just always been like this (since I started playing the game - but that was only since after toddlers were added) and I never really noticed until now after figuring out the pattern. Checking my sim's friend list and seeing five different DJs in there that aren't showing up at clubs any more got me investigating why. When asked about career, they all still said they had active House DJ jobs at Electronic Artists - so it's not like they changed jobs or became unemployed.

Also it's taken this long to really start noticing that several sims that previously I'd see at gyms all the time weren't going there any more. When I went to play them I saw that they'd all reached level 10 fitness and that was the commonality they all had between them.

Back when I first started playing City Living, I'd see Akira Kibo all the time winning karaoke contests, and now I realise I haven't seen him at all in months. I think he must have reached level 10 karaoke singing skill and the game just overlooks him now when picking sims to appear at the karaoke club.

Message 3 of 3 (1,709 Views)