by ImVeryTiredZZ

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims will not sit to watch TV under certain circumstances

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Spa Day, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim try to watch TV from any chair ''Living Chairs'' and they will get up and stand or sit on a sofa when watching TV. They will not sit on a chair if ordered to while watching TV.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will not watch TV when sat on a ''Living Chair'' of any kind. They will either stand to watch it or sit on a couch/sofa if there is spaces available. If ordered to watch to sit on one while watching TV they wont and will only sit on one after they have finished watching TV. This causes issues when there are more than 3 sims, they will fill up the couch and extra sims will stand infront of the TV as opposed to sitting on a chair.
What do you expect to see? The sim as previous should be able to watch TV from a chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since Cats and Dogs was installed.

Sim will not sit down on a Living Chair when watching TV and they will get up when ordered to watch TV to either stand and watch or sit on a sofa if there is any space.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (8,820 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims will not sit on a Living Chair to watch TV

Hero

Hi @ImVeryTiredZZ

I've tested this and am unable to duplicate.

Does it happen with any TV ? How far away is the chair ? Could you post a picture of your setup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (8,732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have attached two screenshots for you. One with CC enabled and one with CC disabled just to show that neither one works. 

As you can see the three ladies are sat on the sofa and one is standing. Each time I make my sim sit on the chair and then watch TV the chair animation cancels and she will stand up to watch. If she is watching TV and is commanded to sit on the chair, she will only sit on it when watching TV is cancelled or she's finished, other than that the 4th person will stand. 

I've tried different types of TV's, spacing set ups and sofa sets and nothing works. I know it seems small but I dislike having sims stood infront of the TV when there are chairs free.

Pardon the sims in underwear, thats with CC disabled.

Message 3 of 17 (8,720 Views)

Hero

Did you always have the chairs like this or did you also try with just a chair frontal to the TV ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (8,709 Views)

Sim not returning to couch to watch TV after finishing meal

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff and Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim sit on a couch and watch TV while eating a meal with a surface nearby to place the dish after the meal is finished.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sims finishes the meal while sitting on the couch watching TV, they'll get up and place the empty dish on a nearby table/counter and then stand in front of the TV to continue watching it rather than sitting back down.
What do you expect to see? The sim placing the dish on the surface and then sitting back on the couch to resume watching TV.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As explained above. When I get the time, I'll upload a screenshot of the room layout with some crudely drawn arrows of where the sim places the dish and continues to stand after doing so.

Edit: Uploaded screenshot of layout.

Red arrow is where the sim will get up and place the dish, Blue arrow is the expected outcome. Green circle is where the sim will stand and continue to watch TV.

11-13-17_11-16-16 AM.jpg

Message 5 of 17 (8,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Tried it with many positions! It works when it's very close to the TV  but it has to overlap with a 3 seater sofa to get it and it works when directly infront Anything even a smidge further away and it doesn't work.

Message 6 of 17 (8,689 Views)

Re: Sims will not sit on a Living Chair to watch TV

Hero

Looks like this is not fully fixed then.

I'll add this back

@Hroun_88 I merged your post as it's similar. Thanks for the reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (8,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you!

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I know it's small but nevertheless annoying ha. 

Message 8 of 17 (8,651 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (8,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i'm sorry i'm late to saying thank you for adding this. it's so frustrating... i just want them to sit and watch a film together! -_-

Message 10 of 17 (8,545 Views)