by Plantyl

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims wearing shoes while in a towel

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Discover University, Seasons, Strangerville, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Parenthood, Toddler, Bowling, Kids Room, and Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When changing into a towel, a sim also wears shoes... any kind of shoes.
What happens when the bug occurs? It just shows that a sim is in a towel wearing shoes, which is annoying.
What do you expect to see? Correct this issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent patch: April 14th, 2020. I didn't change anything before or after that.

Hello, the issue is when I make sims wear a towel, I see them wear shoes as well. I also noticed that the shoes will be replaced with other random shoes every time they change into a towel. I already tried moving the mods folder to the desktop but the problem still doesn't go away. This never happened before the new update launched on April 14th. The photo attached will show you what I mean.

Message 1 of 15 (7,057 Views)

Re: Sims wearing shoes while in a towel?

Hero
@Plantyl Removing mods probably won't fix the outfit. Do you see shoes on towel outfits if you try a brand new save without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (7,006 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried that and the problem is still there.

Message 3 of 15 (6,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Plantyl Did some testing and out of 7 Sims, none had shoes .. not even the infamous make up anymore. I take that back. Accessoire I can still duplicate .. including socks .. no shoes though

Did you play with premades in the new Save or created new one sin CAS ?

EDIT

Seems you can use sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas while you are wearing the towel outfit and then you can change it in CAS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (6,981 Views)

Champion
@Plantyl if it's just happening to this particular sim, it probably saved shoes on his towel outfit by mistake. Try using a sauna, because that forces a refresh on the towel outfit.
Message 5 of 15 (6,949 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem but after I typed in sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas they will just change into another pair of shoes the next time they use sauna...

Message 6 of 15 (6,696 Views)

Hero
@surgerberry The towel bug was fixed. Was the broken outfit from before the last patch for you or after ?

Just curious if the shoes are still happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (6,659 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and it's still happening Disappointed

Message 8 of 15 (6,367 Views)

Hero
@grasiandrade Does this occur on new Sims as well or just Sims you had in the game for a while ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (6,346 Views)

★★ Novice

Occurred with new sims too

Message 10 of 15 (6,333 Views)