Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try having sims use or stand around a pop-up bar (such as at a dance party or festival) or a baby in a bassinet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims walk through the object as if it had no collision impact or stand inside it instead of beside it.
What do you expect to see? For sims to avoid clipping through solid objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2018 patches.

Since the recent patches in June, I've noticed increased cases of sims completely ignoring the boundaries of previously solid objects.

Here's a pic of how they treated a portable bar at a chalet dance party:

07-01-18_1-58-54 AM.jpg

They also seemed to walk straight through the DJ booth.

I've also noticed parents walking straight through a baby in a bassinet in order to feed them, instead of going around the bassinet. Then the other parent came over to kiss the spouse that was in front of the bassinet and walked and stood inside the bounds of the bassinet.

Previously, I'd only see sims resort to walking through a solid object if they were totally stuck while trying to avoid something. But now they just don't seem to register that the object shouldn't be walked into.

Could be related to all the weird pathing, routing and teleporting issues that are also present since the Seasons patch.

Message 1 of 24 (7,938 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which some Sims could stand on, or walk through solid objects.
○ Specifically Baby Bassinets… babies were becoming quite paranoid they weren’t actually Sims…

Some stuff fixed in Patch 1.59.73 .. archiving this thread.

Please create a new thread if there'still clipping for specific objects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (7,423 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten w

Hero
I've noticed this with a crib in my house. The Sims just walk through it.

Going to tag as needs input though to see how many people have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (7,811 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten w

Sims are walking through/standing in furniture/objects really frequently in my game - and also sort of “in” other sims. I can’t think why. I don’t use any mods or CC except MCCC, and I don’t have the move objects cheat on or anything. It doesn’t make the game unplayable for me. But, I wish they wouldn’t! As others have said, it seems to have begun since the June 2018 patches (also before I downloaded MCCC, so it’s not that). The crib has been mentioned, but that is one of the objects I have seen sims stand in, too.

Message 3 of 24 (7,755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Wanted to add that I am also having this issue.

Message 4 of 24 (7,701 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Sims are walking right through sofas, coffee tables and kitchen counters.

Message 5 of 24 (7,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Instead of walking in the free space of the chair, a sim will prefer to pass through the counter.

cjj35j6s6q30.jpg

In a Café, the consumers always pass through the counter after they took their product.

fqtjqvbru18b.jpg

Message 6 of 24 (7,643 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm seeing the same thing in my game a lot lately, but especially walking through counters when there is plenty of room to do otherwise. I have to say though, I'd almost rather that than the  foot stomping and hand waving even when there was a clear route to walk between objects that used to drive me crazy in Sims 3.

Message 7 of 24 (7,621 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

★★★★ Guide
I've noticed this as well. The sims seem to be quite "magical" lately in multiple ways. :D
Message 8 of 24 (7,596 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

Not a particularly new topic, but I'm noticing this severely since the last patch.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 9 of 24 (7,482 Views)

Sims Walk Through Babies Bassinet

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Baby
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will walk through the bassinet instead of going around. This even still happens in very open spaces
What do you expect to see? Sims walk around bassinet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

12-10-18_7-08-48 PM.png

Example 

Message 10 of 24 (7,467 Views)