Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims put books on dinning table to drop them

by SindiDoll

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims put books on dinning table to drop them

★ Guide

@crinrict It really is! Sims often go to sit at the pool whenever I have one on a lot, even if they were nowhere near it. Even just to do homework.

Also I just remembered, the dining table wasn't the only surface, they overlooked a perfectly good coffee table in the same room.

Message 11 of 18 (1,736 Views)

★ Guide

I stopped letting my sims read books because it gets very annoying when my sims can’t suddenly eat at the table because of books everywhere. I’ve noticed lately my sims are obsessed with putting things either on the dinning room table or my favorite (not really) collecting all the dirty dishes and walking right past the sink in kitchen to put them on the coffee table in living room 

Message 12 of 18 (1,726 Views)

★ Guide

I also had this issue with my Vampire sim I didn't play any longer do to the Dark Mediation pathing issue after last Update. He reading the book in the living room at the Computer desk with the book regal right next to the computer desk and a empty coffee table just some steps away. But when he have to put away a book he is walking out of the room, cross nearly the complet next room to put the book on the dining table.

Message 13 of 18 (1,709 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a save where all my sims are in one room, a small dining table is literally next to the bookshelf and sims hardly have to move to get to the bookshelf but they'll still choose to set them on the dining table over putting them away unless I've selected the "clean up books" command.

Message 14 of 18 (1,703 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A little expansion on this issue. I see this with every single household, without exception, and have no mods (occasionally use bb.moveobjects but thats it).

The issue isnt just books, it is also food.
Sim sits at dining table to eat food, finishes food, picks up the plate, walks over to coffee table, no matter how far away it is, and places plate on coffee table... EVERY time.
Sim sits in living room reading a book, finishes book, walks over to dining table, no matter how far away it is, and places book on dining table... EVERY time.

To clarify, All books get placed on the dining table, and all plates get put on the coffee table. EVERY time.

There is definitely a connection between the 2, and when I am in a rush to get something done, this issue really gets in the way. I have even tried filling every available spot on the coffee tables, but somehow they still manage to find a way. When you have a non resident sim making food (like ghosts or visitors) and they put their plate down (which can be anywhere) then try and make your own sim 'clean up'  the plate (because you cannot drag that plate due to non-ownership) they pick it up from wherever, and put it on the coffee table. They could pick up a pile of plates, scrap the food off into the bin, then place the pile on the coffee table. You ask them to clean it up again and they pick it up, turn around, step back and place the pile right back on the coffee table. The only way this gets fixed is if the maid moves them or if your sim picked up a plate from food you made yourself and added it to the pile of plates, then you can drag the pile into the bin.

Although this is a little annoying its not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have the issue fixed. It seemed to happen sometime in the past few months as it didnt used to happen and I only noted it recently (possibly upto a max of 3 months ago, but not too sure on that timescale).

In other news, please fix my vampires :'(

Message 15 of 18 (1,699 Views)

Hero

Sims now are more diligent in putting back their books in the bookshelf and/or bookcase.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (6,023 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope. This was never fixed, like all the other bugs. My sims keep dropping books on the floor or walking long distances to put em in a dining table intead the bookshelf. At this point, with so many bugs i dont even know why the game doesnt explode.

Message 17 of 18 (1,419 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @ticluao,

This bug was fixed last year with the patch. If you're experiencing a similar issue a year on, it wouldn't be the same bug and may require a new bug report to gather current and relevant information. Could you open a new bug report for this and fill in the questions asked in the bug report template please?

This thread will be closed in the meantime to limit confusion and necroposting.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 18 of 18 (1,401 Views)