Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Requires family with multiple sims. Take at least one sim to a different lot and stay there for a while, leaving at least one sim at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims left on the home lot won't fulfill their needs. Their needs will continuously decay until they're on the brink of death.
What do you expect to see? Sims left at home to take care of their needs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I return with my active sim to the home lot after being away for a whole day or longer, the bladder, hunger, hygiene, and sleep needs of any sim left at home will be completely red and yet I frequently see puddles as if they wet themselves, and yet their bladder is apparently still full.

This was supposedly fixed at some point, but I still see it happen. It does appear to be far more prevalent in the original two neighbourhoods than any of the newer ones (like Windenburg, Del Sol Valley, and Glimmerbrook). My teen sims seem less affected by this, or their needs decay slower (?) than the young adult/adult sims. These kids were created after the patch, so it may be what causes the difference (since the game seem unable to correct existing sims when anything is changed).

I try not to leave the lot for too long at a time because of this issue, because I'm afraid it'll kill the sims at home, but I have yet to lose one to this. They're just unable to function when I return because they won't fill one need because they're busy whining about another.

Message 1 of 35 (8,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: This happens to me every time one of my sims leaves the l...

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

EDIT: We no longer need saves for this.  The team will investigate.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 33 of 35 (2,266 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The Matron of my household (3 young adults, 1 adult, 2 children and 2 toddlers) is a magic user and needed to speak with the heads of each Magical Skill to get the final spell and alchemy recipe.  I sent her to the Magical Realm and set everyone to care for themselves.  After a few minutes, I noticed all the portraits of the Sims I left at home were all orange and clicking on them revealed they had multiple needs in the red.  Clicking on the toddlers triggered a warning to pop up stating that if I did not feed the toddlers soon the social worker would take them away.  I abandoned my attempt to get the final spells, feeling much like Ms. Price in Bed Knobs and Broomsticks losing the Star of Asteroth, and spent the next real world hour trying to save my sims family.

This is one of the main reasons I don't send my Sims anywhere alone and why I NEVER play the Active Careers (scientist, doctor, actor, etc.) because the Sims left at home almost die while I am at work.

Message 2 of 35 (8,027 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

★ Apprentice

Definitely seems to happen more often to households with anyone younger than Young Adult. Seems to make every sim left behind have a rough time though, not just the kids.
Needs more testing though

Message 3 of 35 (7,968 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you have toddlers that are hungry have one member of the family work on cooking skill, this will allow the toddler to eat.  Also sometimes if the power or water is off they won't fulfill their needs.

Message 4 of 35 (7,955 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims away

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? A save file would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 35 (7,803 Views)

sims not going to the restroom automatically when you are at work with a sim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the Get To Work pack and Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems like all you have to do is be at work with your sim. I have had this happen with the doctor profession and detective professions
What happens when the bug occurs? My other sims will not use the restroom automatically. They don't go to the restroom until I am no longer at work with my sims. They otherwise do it normally when I am not at work
What do you expect to see? Sims should automatically refill their bladder needs automatically
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue started to appear when I downloaded the Get to Work pack as it only happens when I am at work with a sim

I am just going to apply all the info I know here just in case. From what I am seeing when I am at work with a sim my other sims will not use the restroom automatically. I have autonomy on and they go automatically when I am not at work with my sim. It always occurs when I am at work with a sim and never occurs when I am not at work. I have only tried the detective and doctor professions. 

Thank You

Message 6 of 35 (7,771 Views)

Re: sims not going to the restroom automatically when you are at work with a sim

Hero
@ForestBeWithYou To be sure I understand you correctly, you're talking about the needs of the Sim staying at home like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-on-home-lot-don-t-take-care-of-needs-when/td-... or for the active Sim that goes to work in an active career ?

Like you leave them idle at work, they bladder needs is low and they don't automatically use the toilet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (7,720 Views)

Re: sims not going to the restroom automatically when you are at work with a sim

★ Novice

Yea it is similar to the other thread I am talking about the needs of the sims staying home but it only occurs when I am at work with my sims. Should I add my input to the other thread or is it different.

Message 8 of 35 (7,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ForestBeWithYou I think it's the same. I'll merge your thread then.

Could you send your save to QA as asked by Nick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (7,692 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me in Glimmerbrook now.  I don't think I had an issue when the family was living in another town, until after I had one of the sims go to the magic realm and return.  I moved the family to Glimmerbrook after that and it seems to happen every time I leave sims at home.

Message 10 of 35 (7,436 Views)