by rhah01

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims not coming to door when visit

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, strangeville, vampires, laundry day, holiday gifts, ghoul guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play the game most of the time sims will not come to door they will stand on sidewalk, also on way to house they stop sometimes and just stand there doing nothing then move closer. a lot of times will get stuck before stairs. Sometimes on stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? read above
What do you expect to see? npc sim coming to door so that we know, they are coming for visit. of so far away will not be noticed most of the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. April 16 patch never happen before this patch.

here is screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h1M1bTXvItml6k3iJb-eg94wmmtTemmH

Message 1 of 7 (1,158 Views)

Re: Sims not coming to door when visit

★★★★ Apprentice

this also happens to sims just passing by, and not trying to visit. there has been many times a sim seems stuck outside on sidewalk as you approach they will move few steps, fade out and disappear.

had one sim never seen before twitching oddly outside on sidewalk for over 4+ hours game time in middle of thunderstorm.

Message 2 of 7 (1,122 Views)

Hero
Is this happening on every lot for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,099 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yes as far as i can tell, I'm not going to test each and every lot sorry

Message 4 of 7 (1,069 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not coming to door when visit

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
In my game I often have Sims who get invited over and they always stand at the corner of the lot rather than come to the door. I invited a "stray" over and the cat waited at the corner of the lot until it was greeted lol
Message 6 of 7 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Do you have any sim in the Detective career they added though bad boy walkerby sims so your detective could fine them or stop fights. However, with other families they are just hilarious to watch them stomp around, and litter when a detective is not around. They seldom fight each other though unless the Detective sims is around and actually on patrol.
Message 7 of 7 (990 Views)