Sims outfit loop

by hannahmicaiah

Original Post

Re: Sim keeps switching from clothed to naked

★★ Novice

I just had this bug again, but this time with a social interaction with a teenager.

The bug with toddlers also seems to be happen far more often than it was and has been almost everytime since I first reported this.

Message 11 of 45 (2,474 Views)

Endless loop clothing change from shower

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim take a shower and then queue up the action to bath or give a bubble bath to a toddler and you will notice the endless loop until you cancel the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? When queuing up the action to give a toddler a bath/bubble bath your sim will go into an endless loop of changing from naked to clothed until you cancel the queued action.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to change into clothes from the shower and then get the toddler take them to the tub and proceed to bathe them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is a video of the looping, My apologies ahead of time for not adding the UI into the recording to show the actions being queued. plus I had to click through some things for the kids going to school before testing it out again.

https://youtu.be/7Ze1Zwe3Xok

Message 12 of 45 (2,425 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims keep changing outfit on taking shower/queuing something

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictStang_KURO Saw this happen this past Friday (8/3) on a vanilla game w/o DLC. The child sim got out of the shower and every time we queued up an action for him to do, he would spin around (getting dressed). Resetting the sim did not work but doing a save/exit and re-entering the game and save seemed to "fix" it, at least for that instance.
Message 13 of 45 (2,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too, but I've mainly noticed it when someone shows up at the door while my Sim is showing showering and I queue up the invite in interaction. They'll get stuck in an endless loop of spinning into clothed and nude. If I cancel the "invite in" they'll stop spinning and be wearing their normal clothes, but if I then send them outside to greet the visitor they'll get naked again on the porch and get the embarrassed moodlet. This happens even if I have them do something else (use the toilet, take out the trash, etc.) between the shower and the greeting, and it only (and always) happens if I queue up the social interaction while they're showering.

I only have Seasons and the Holiday stuff pack that comes with the "deluxe" version of the base game, and I don't have any cc or mods. Playing on a PC.

Message 14 of 45 (1,989 Views)
Highlighted

Sims outfit loop

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons vampires pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make the sim take a shower or bath
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim changes from nice to clothes back to nude non stop and wont do anything else.
What do you expect to see? Them turning when they change and are stuck in one spot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All of my sims are in a non stop loop of changing from nude to clothes back to nude after they get out of the shower or bath.

Message 15 of 45 (1,933 Views)

Re: Sims outfit loop

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Citiy living, Get together, get to work, parenthood, vampire stuff, Dine out. Spa Day, Outdoor Adventures (I think thats what its called). Laundry, toddler, Vintage glamor, backyard stuff, Kids room, Romantic garden Movie hang out Cool kitchen, Perfect patio and luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ok, well Its not something I can trigger. There are four different bugs that have all started since the logo refresh a couple (last?) month. 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower when an action is queued straight afterwards. Especially when you tell them to socailise. 3) cook a meal. 
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location, rather than walking there. 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower. This happens in all of my saved games. 3) Sims refuse to eat a whole meal, and will quite often start then put it down before their bars are full.
What do you expect to see? 1) sims should not be able to teleport 2) Get out of the shower, and get dressed. 3) eat whole meal until they are full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When the logo refresh happened a couple of months ago, thats when these bugs started to happen.

I had thought that maybe it was my legacy family save bugging out so I started a new one, the bugs appeared again.

Message 16 of 45 (1,906 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has only happened to me once, and it was when i told the sim to greet someone at the door while having a shower. She stopped spinning after I cancelled the queue, but if I told her to greet the sim again, she would start dressing and undressing continuously again, even out of the bathroom. I managed to take a video with the UI if it is needed.

Message 17 of 45 (1,881 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims keep changing outfit on taking shower/bath toddler queue

★★ Novice

SAME

Message 18 of 45 (1,858 Views)

Re: Endless loop clothing change from shower

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this and another issue that I feel may be related; if I queue anything after a shower my sims hop in the shower and then jump right out before they are clean and then continue on their queue. The only way to get a sim to complete a shower is to not queue anything after it.

Message 19 of 45 (1,834 Views)

Re: After showering my sim won’t stop changing

★ Novice

I have this issue too. Nothing else queued. She just goes to shower and then when she comes out never stops changing. Resetting the sim works but i shouldn't have to do that every time she showers -.-

Message 20 of 45 (1,810 Views)