by alannahmessett

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims in a relationship say they’re single

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a sim in a relationship if they’re single, they say yes or sims in a relationship with each other can ask if they’re single despite already being together
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in a relationship say they’re single. If they cheat there is no guilt/admission to cheating (like sims 3)
What do you expect to see? Saying they’re in a relationship
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Very weird bug! I only got sims 4 last week and it’s done this since the moment I downloaded. Sims I’m controlling say they’re not in a relationship to other sims despite definitely being in one. They can also ask their boyfriend/girlfriend if they’re single and they say they are!

Also when sims cheat there is no guilt or confess cheating option, there used to be on sims 3, so I’m not sure if this works on here anyway but it seems weird they can cheat with no mood lets! 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (6,060 Views)

Re: Sims in a relationship say they’re single

Hero
@alannahmessett Have you tested this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (6,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin, yeah I tried without mods and CC and still happens! Frown

Message 3 of 15 (6,032 Views)

Hero
@alannahmessett Do they cheat in front of each other ? Does this happen for only a certain couple or do you have it with all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (5,977 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi crin, I just tested and they notice when they cheat in front of each other (romance goes down sadness etc), they’re still together yet when asked (By each other or by someone else) they say they’re single.
I’ve found that once they marry, they say they’re in a relationship and the ask if single option doesn’t come up.

ive asked other sims in the neighbourhood if they’re single and they say if they are or aren’t, they don’t all say they’re single. 

sorry it’s a bit confusing!! Ultimately it’s not a big one, just a bit strange 

Message 5 of 15 (5,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@alannahmessett Cheating is only a problem if the other Sim knows about it so by the sound of it, that is working as intended.

Do you have to get married for the interaction to give the right result or does is proposeing enough ?

Like:

- BF/GF --> Says is Single
- Engaged --> ?
- Married --> No option to even ask ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (5,919 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alannahmessett 

I think this is a misunderstanding If they are not boyfriend, engaged or married then they are single. Likewise for cheating though romance will go down if a romantic interest sees you having romantic interactions with someone else (Except if Free love NAP is active) it does not constitute cheating as far as the game is concerned when not boyfriend/engaged/married.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 15 (5,886 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Crin I just checked and yes engaged gives the right result. So it’s purely only boyfriend and girlfriend that doesn’t give the right result 

Message 8 of 15 (5,869 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi, No misunderstanding - they are definitely in a relationship but they still say they’re single to other people or each other. Image is their relationship 

Message 9 of 15 (5,868 Views)

Champion
@alannahmessett I see Promised. Is there an age difference between the two, like teen and young adult? I don't think mismatched ages can be considered as a couple.
Message 10 of 15 (5,851 Views)