[FIXED] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

by Shanz0313

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) but I've noticed it only in one family so far.
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Have a Legacy Family

Have father abducted by aliens and become pregnant with twins (alien parent is Senior Pollination Technician #3)

Have twins grow up to teens (this is how far I got)

Go to Family Tree and see that one of the twins appears differently (or not at all) in Family Tree, depending on which family member you select
What happens when the bug occurs? 

One of the alien twins appears differently (or not at all) in Family Tree, depending on which family member you select
What do you expect to see?

The sim in the correct position in the family tree

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

(I haven't played this household in a while - probably since mid 2019 - and I just noticed)

I do not have any previous saves so I cannot verify when this issue started to happen.

I have included screenshots of how the issue looks from each family member's perspective. The sim with the issue is Cellestya Goth.

From my game play experience, sims receive gifts from their alien "parents" on their birthdays.

Below you can see that both twins received gifts from Senior Pollination Technician #3.

Senior Pollination Technician #3 gifts.PNG

Alexander Goth is the father of the twins.

Aliny is his wife and is only half-alien. They have a son together, Aron, who is human.

If I click on either of them, Cellestya is missing from the Family Tree.

Alexander Goth.pngAliny Goth.png

When I click on Aron, the twins's half-brother, the Family Tree shows Aron and Cellestya as siblings and Riley as their half-sister, which is inaccurate.

Aron Goth.png

Ryley's Familly Tree is the only accurate one, showing Senior Pollination Technician #3 and Alexander Goth as Riley and Cellestya's parents.

In Cellestya's tree, it appears that there is only one parent (unknown) for all three kids.

Riley Goth.pngCellestya Goth.png

Confusing genealogy:

Riley Goth - siblings.pngCellestya Goth - siblings.png

Message 51 of 64 (4,948 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh sh* I had to check after reading this and yes... There are sims missing from my family tree also. And it's not even that big! 

In the picture I linked here the highlighted sim should have a half brother (same mother) with his own family and kids. They were left to another neighbourhood (same game still, I think they were left to live in the Strangerville when the highlighted sim moved away with her husband and I moved on to play with that part of family), but they should still be seen in the family tree right?! Not even the first sim (the mother) has any trace of her son.

The other pic shows couple of saves, highlighted being my current save and the other from time the now missing half brother was still alive and part of family.

Message 52 of 64 (4,908 Views)

[PS4] Family tree disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Base 1.24.69.4400 64 bit
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don’t know
What happens when the bug occurs? Missing family tree
What do you expect to see? A fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Family members for various family trees have disappeared in the family tree 

mothers brothers sisters all greyed out 

the urn still has names on

Anyone shed any light ? 

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 53 of 64 (4,786 Views)

Re: [PS4] Family tree disappeared

Hero
@ruceba PC thread on this for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-A-Sims-in-Family-Tree-Disappearing/td-p/7287642/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 64 (4,775 Views)

Game is deleting Sims from Family Tree

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a Sim's family tree.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will randomly delete sims from my family trees. They will either be gone completely or only show a grayed out box.
What do you expect to see? The game to remember all my sims in the family trees.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The game will randomly delete my sims from the family trees even though I still have their graves. (And their names still show on the graves) I don't know if it's because I have too many sims or what but it's very annoying when I try to build these family lines and the game stops me.  

Message 55 of 64 (4,836 Views)

Re: Game is deleting Sims from Family Tree

Hero

@Chezzy01  That is normal as far as I know.  When a sim is culled from the game, the portrait will turn blank in the family tree.  When you release a sim to the netherworld or just don't remember to strengthen their bond using the option on the urn, they will sooner or later disappear and after a certain amount of time has passed, the ghost will get culled.  There are ways to stop it from happening both in game and using mods.

The in game method is to make sure you keep the ghost around by using the strengthen option on the urn.  But if you switch to another household for a while, when you come back to the household where the urn is, it is more than likely the option expired and the ghost got released.  So to absolutely save the ghost, you need to ask them to join your household.  then you can have them move out or use manage households to split the household and just leave them in another lot or not in world.  

Hope this helps.

Message 56 of 64 (4,795 Views)

Re: Game is deleting Sims from Family Tree

★ Novice

Thank you this actually sounds like something I can do to help my game. 😄

Message 57 of 64 (4,751 Views)

Family tree doesn't show sims

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 14 overall
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's in the family tree
What happens when the bug occurs? the family tree seems off
What do you expect to see? the family tree to be shown completely
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I'm new here and that's my second question overall, so im sorry if thats a repost. 

Can someone please explain me this problem?

It drives me crazy for a long time already. 

Why can't I see the rest of the family?? why does it look like that? 

as you can see, there is a full family on each side. 

Please, help me to figure this out.

Message 58 of 64 (4,499 Views)

Sims missing/non-existent in family tree

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Parenthood, Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a multi-generational family with deceased members/Legacy Family and look at the family tree
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims disappear from the family tree leaving only a blank, un-clickable picture with no information
What do you expect to see? Deceased family members picture and name
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims kept disappearing from family trees throughout the neighborhood in all the households in my save and being replaced by an un-clickable picture of a generic silhouette with no information. I kept getting last exceptions and I thought the save was possibly corrupted so I started a completely new save, uninstalled my mods. made sure everything was up-to-date, reinstalled two mods only for it to happen again. Bob and Eliza are the parents of the my sim in the picture and when I checked their relationship it still says father/mother but they're not in the family tree. I kept all their tombstones because I thought maybe that was the problem the first time but they still disappeared. I'm only 3 generations in so the 7th generation reset shouldn't apply here.

Message 59 of 64 (4,461 Views)

Re: Sims missing/non-existent in family tree

★ Novice

Just going to let you know this seems to be a not uncommon issue that has been around for several years now.

I've never played with mods and I have the same issues. Every now and then I get a message in this sub and there has never been any notice that I've seen regarding a fix or even an acknowledgement.

Message 60 of 64 (4,409 Views)