Original Post

Re: Sims disappearing in family tree

Hero
@iKyleRogers google drive or oneDrive.

You an either PM the link to SimGuruNick (on here) or to me and I'll forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 64 (1,904 Views)

★★ Novice

Any updates on this situation? Mine has been doing this for the last month. It's really messing with my storylines. 

Message 42 of 64 (1,828 Views)

Hero
@Llamallover404 Think status is the same. If you have any saves from before they started disappearing, QA would be glad to have them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 64 (1,822 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After hours of testing I figured out what's causing it. Using MC Command Center (or any mod) that forces a relationship that shouldn't be will eventually corrupt the family tree. If you can't make the connection in CAS, it shouldn't be set. It's like when you try to marry a sim and get the message “Marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship”. You can force this relationship with MCCC, but it will screw up the tree. My 5 year old save started getting missing portraits a couple of months ago. I wasn't sure what was going on. I tried to fix it with MCCC and failed. I then started a new save, imported my old sims and used MCCC to reconnect family members. After I edited a sim in CAS I got the same type of corruption. I thought it might have something to do with MCCC, so I started another new game. This time I made all the family connections through CAS and it worked perfectly, no corruption. Hopefully this info is of some help. If you want to rebuild your neighborhood, do it only through CAS.

Message 44 of 64 (1,768 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I never did any of that and all my family trees are broken :/ And I mean ALL Frown After playing for several years it's a real bummer to see every generation be wiped out. And no, I never checked to see when and where it first happened, it started a few years back and now it's progressing to all families.

Message 45 of 64 (1,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's an interesting look into it, but I've been having sims go missing and losing familiar connections for years and I've never had any mods or cc in my game, because I didn't want something like this happening.

Message 46 of 64 (1,695 Views)

broken family tree

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, cats and dogs, get to work, realm of magic, parenthood, my first pet stuff, vintage glamour stuff, holiday celebration pack, grim’s ghoulish guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not so sure
What happens when the bug occurs? it messes up my family tree
What do you expect to see? help and fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my family tree is super messed up, i have mccc and slice of life mods but i’m sure it’s not the case as i had them before in my older pc and didn’t go through this problem/glitch. my sim’s family tree shows that it’s not married to it’s actual spouse, but it shows that it’s married to a blank sim. and the children’s family tree looks super wrong. please help

Message 47 of 64 (1,606 Views)

Re: broken family tree

Hero
@3lyjj Could you add some pictures of your tree ?

As you're using mods, it's a bit hard to tell what's causing it

Current Family tree issues

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-A-Sims-in-Family-Tree-Disappearing/td-p/7287642/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-disappearing-from-family-tree-after-enterin...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Dead-Sims-showing-alive-messing-up-the-tree/m-p/78...

is either of these what you see ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 64 (1,587 Views)

Re: broken family tree

Hero
@3lyjj Is your issue any of the ones I linked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 64 (1,518 Views)

Re: Family tree

★★★ Apprentice

The bug happens when a sim dies while you are playing another household. At first, we can see them on the family tree, but as soon as more townies start to spawn, the dead sims gets culled and therefore ends up blank in the family tree. Please. This issue is not making it fun to play with generations, and it has been like this since the beginning.
Also, somebody on the steam should have played with sims with lots of generations to notice this issue?

Message 50 of 64 (1,643 Views)