[FIXED] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

by Shanz0313

Original Post

Re: Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

Hero
There's no real solution atm but if you could provide a save from before it happened, that could help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 64 (4,100 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4   

Platform: Mac

Language while playing game: English

How often does this bug occur?: Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number?: 1.51.77.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: Get Famous, To Work, Seasons, City Living, Kids stuff pack, and Laundry Day

Steps, How can we find the bug ourselves?:  Click on the family tree of a sim

What happens when the bug occurs: Faces no longer show, and instead have a gray profile picture. And all families before the gray picture have disappeared and are no longer available for my viewing. The bug makes it so I can only see three of the most recent generations.

What do you expect to see? : The entire family tree with all generations.

Have you installed any customization with the game? : Yes, I use CC for clothes and hair. I also have UI cheats and Mc Commander.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Not sure, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I remember this started to occur maybe two, three, or four months ago. I just never reported it because I thought eventually it would be fixed, but it never has.

Glad to see other people having this issue, but other people’s photos aren’t showing gray photos like mine. I only play generational sims, so it’s really important for me and my game that all family members show.

Message 22 of 64 (4,012 Views)

Hero

Hi @iscool87 

do you have a save from before it started happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 64 (4,001 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims in generation 3 are missing. Wife is doing the 100 baby challenge. There were 30 sims in the 3rd generation. (Matriarch plus1 ) She is now down to 5 of the 30 children she had.

No I don't have a save before it broke last night. 

Thanks,

Alanais's hubby

Message 24 of 64 (3,900 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict.

Years ago I've decided not to play with ghosts due to a problem with the family tree and died sims appearing on npc lot houses. So every time a sim die I send the spirit away and destroy the urn or grave. And the ghostly image was preserved in the family tree. (I also have the same issues about family members disappearing from the tree).

But today had my first death since the latest update, and in the family tree appear an "x" instead the image of my sim.

This is my oldest save game, it is a legacy that includes all the families in town. I play with 170 sims approximately.

I have the backups of every time that an update o new EP is out. The only ones that I don't have are the pets stuff, island living and strangerville, for obvious reasons...

so tell me if this is the correct thread to post screenshots and upload my saves??

Thanks Standard smile

Message 25 of 64 (3,860 Views)

Broken Family Tree

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my family trees (I have several different saves that captures each change and I have included them in the shared file below)
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time one of the siblings passes, one that has already passed gets deleted
What do you expect to see? All siblings should still be attached to the family tree after a new one dies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pYlF99bgVc7iyZvlXBNHvC3wnCN3nNPG?usp=sharing

The family tree just continues to delete family members when one passes away. The shared file has pictures of each change and a copy of each save

Message 26 of 64 (3,851 Views)

Re: SIMS GENEALOGY SLOWLY DISAPPEARING

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue,  {currently researching while Focused}

roduct: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English or a variation there of {Simlish}
How often does the bug occur? current world has mishapinings in Family Tree , new world as of yet has not experianced the same issue {knocking on perverbial wood for luck}
What is your current game version number? orgin keeps up to date in auto-update mode,
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everthing except that new fashion thing {Sorry Milan I have failed thee}
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a few families have kids and those kids have kids,move out family that is just taking up space into the world elsewhere,
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are removed, with a blank picture in place of sim, like say- the mother of my Sim's son, or the mother and grandmother of another household that I hadn't played in awhile, 
What do you expect to see? Sims not removed from the game, but a simple picture remaining after they are removed from the game would be sufficient, 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never, I don't believe in that stuff... I'm an original Sim player, Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4, including but no limited to other EA releases such as Medieval.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/ Not sure, Just noticed that the mother of my Sim's son was gone, deleted, removed, culled, or simply vanished by way of unknown AI ascension to a higher level of existence....

I‌ have spent many hours trying to figure out how to bring the family back together, including trying to save them and bring them to another world, unfortunately even when I bring them in from the Gallery in My Library, the son still has a blank picture for a mother and I tried using CAS to remake the mother but did not allow me to do so. 

I have posted to EA Help, but they simple pushed "Closed" and never responded to me, {Excuse the sad moment as I wipe a tear from my eye}

I have researched Sims Forums in vain trying to figure out a fix that does not include MOD - {Modifications Of Death}

Currently creating a new world and {with much Sadness - currently painting a picture during Very Sad moodlet} 

In hopes that the new world will be able to have children without missing parents and grandparents or just pictures of those that have gone on to a higher lever of existence. 

- If anyone else is having this problem and has ideas on how to fix the families in my original world, feel free to message me -

Chesterwolfberg 

Message 27 of 64 (3,757 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

PlatformMac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything to date except for Vampires and Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Villareal-Ward family in Judith Ward's lot and look at Bennedict Broke's family tree. When the save is first opened, there is a full family tree going back to Judith Ward. But every time I do anything from here on, her family tree glitches. Firstly, generally Judith Ward's generation disappears (screen shot 2), and all great-grandparents glitch so their siblings are removed and they are shown alone in the tree when you interact with them. Then next minute another glitch: all great grandparents are faceless (screen shot 3).

What do you expect to see? The family tree going back to 2x great grandmother Judith Ward (screenshot 1 attached)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. I have unintentionally downloaded sims from the gallery that may have had cc in the past but not in this save, and I don't turn cc on.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My save is here (along with the 3 screenshots): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vxdlkv0fobsa8yz/AADlHslO6r1aBXKRM0L5Z8Xma?dl=0

Message 28 of 64 (3,640 Views)

Hero
@classybananasala Could you please upload to either onedrive or googledrive ?

QA can't take dropbox links.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 64 (3,619 Views)

Message 30 of 64 (3,600 Views)