by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

Hero
@classybananasala Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 64 (2,351 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish

How often does the bug occur? I am not sure as I stop playing for months before coming back to the game. This has been happening for years but I thought after adding the option to have an unlimited amount of sims, it would be solved.

What is your current game version number? I have origin, therefore I have no idea as the program doesn't let me see the patch version. But automatic updates is on, so the last one.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, Get Together, Get Famous

How can we find the bug ourselves? Checking the family trees. The ancestors just disappear.

What happens when the bug occurs? Ancestors from the family tree are deleted and sometimes Sims with the same lastname (usually cousins) no longer know they are related

What do you expect to see? A full family tree, it's the point of the game for me.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, but I am planning to as it's been over a year since these bug reports and you have not fixed it.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I installed Get Famous but as I usually play with the "no aging" option, I cannot tell for sure that was the reason. The issue obviously happens after old sims die.

I don't have any saves to share.

Message 32 of 64 (2,300 Views)

Family tree

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Living, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progressing a family through a few generations.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims disappear from the family tree and erases familial relationships.
What do you expect to see? When I look at my family tree, sims that I know existed, who's children still exist, should be shown. Siblings shouldn't randomly disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Can provide more screenshots both from this submission and from last years when I first noticed the problem. You can see the degradation between the two times. I've seen a lot of others have this issue and it just hasn't been addressed. Any bug report I've submitted officially has been viewed and closed without a word of acknowledgement.

This isn't only deceased sims effected, I've had living twins/siblings lose their connection while both were still alive. I do not use mods or cc and as someone playing for the family lines and stories this is honestly almost enough to push me off the Sims 4 entirely when all it takes is one or two generations to lose any history or relationships. I have alive first cousins who are both young adults with no relation in the tree anymore. My sim count is also on UNLIMITED.

Message 33 of 64 (2,314 Views)

Re: Family tree

★★★★★ Novice

FOR HEAVENS SAKE! I was moved here last time - LAST YEAR - when I posted about this and obviously this threads not getting attention.

Message 34 of 64 (2,280 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Fraser165,

I understand it's frustrating not seeing the bugs you most care about fixed quickly, but a lot goes on behind the scenes when it comes to bug fixing, and many things can affect if we can fix one issue first or another. We keep an eye on everything that's being reported on this forum, so please, rest assured this thread has our attention Standard smile 

Your thread was merged here because having all the reports in a single thread is the way we keep the forums organised, with all the information about a single issue in the same place. When it comes to bug reports, it helps you find the information and it helps us keep track of your reports, all the details you are sharing and get an idea on how many of you are finding the bugs in your game.

Hope this helps understand a bit better how the Bug Reports forum works Standard smile

Thanks everyone for all the information you are sharing with each other and us here!

-Mai

Message 35 of 64 (2,247 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Its more than frustrating seeing the centre of my gameplay be wiped out and while I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes, with all the new packs and content and all the bugs that do get fixed, it's hard to keep a level head when this is one of many continuous game issues that have never be addressed despite being in game several months or years even, and when its one that is so big.

Its just...hard to want to play a game sometimes when my favourite sims are wiped from existence. When the storylines I've planned and plotted and my hard work ensuring these family lines continued for the last four years are simply not there. And then I get updates from this forum saying others are having this issue but nothing ever seems to happen. It almost makes the whole game pointless to me to know that at any second a pair of siblings will suddenly not be related and that cousins won't be cousins anymore.

Message 36 of 64 (2,222 Views)

Sims disappearing in family tree

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game normally. Overtime sims will disapear
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim vanishes from existence in the tree or becomes a blank default sim face, The sims are still technically in the game just disconnected from the tree.
What do you expect to see? The family tree normally, with all sims related shown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the latest patch (Nov 12 2019 University patch PC 1.58.63.1010)

After this happened I left without saving, however I have a save file where it's just about to happen. I can't upload it though.

Message 37 of 64 (2,228 Views)

Re: Sims disappearing in family tree

★★★ Novice

I forgot to explain but the third sim with the single child will disapear from the tree and have the blank default picture as an icon, but if you then click the only child the father shows up again but if you click the father from there it becomes a single sim with no relations, like when you create a new sim from scratch kinda thing.

Message 38 of 64 (2,226 Views)

Hero
@iKyleRogers Merged your post with existing thread.

If you have a save from before the Sims were removed from the tree, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 64 (2,198 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Where do I upload/send the save file?
Message 40 of 64 (2,184 Views)