[NEEDS SAVES] Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (solid objects)

by DreamingStarz14

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (solid objects)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat's and Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Strangerville, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Luxury Party, Kid Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, and Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Normally, it occurs after a sims throws a party or after the game boots up. My sims get stuck on top of countertops and no matter what I do, I can't get them off. I've tried reset Object and multiple other things (such as removing mods).
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims get stuck on top of a table or countertop. Around them, the game has either just loaded up or a party had just ended.
What do you expect to see? I throw a party, and my sim doesn't get stuck on top of a counter. I load the game, and my sim isn't stuck on the counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University Patch made it worse. It started after the patch for Moschino Stuff.

Sims 4: Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (Solid Objects)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (7,087 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (solid objects)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Do you usually play with moo on ? Does this happen in all of your saves or just a specific one ? Does removing all mods also include remove all cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (7,072 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (solid objects)

Hero

I've seen this quite a bit too.  It's always on a load in to the lot.  And the only ways I've found to get them off is to go to build mode and move the object they're on or if they have high enough wellness or a spellcaster with transporiate, they can teleport off.  I've found them on pretty much any surface object that has slots like the washer, driers, counters, coffee tables, etc. and a few objects like the big hamster cage.  Resetting the sim doesn't do any good most times.

Message 3 of 13 (7,067 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims getting stuck on top of CounterTops (solid objects)

★★★ Guide

Something you could also do that may be quicker than going into build mode is enable cheats (testingcheats on), shift click on the floor and choose the teleport here option and the sim will get off the counter. I just had this problem happen after loading onto my lot and it worked for me.

Message 4 of 13 (5,409 Views)

SIM standing on counter/won't move

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Return to Batuu and Paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's in my saved game.
What happens when the bug occurs? My SIM is standing on my kitchen counter and won't come down.
What do you expect to see? My SIM be able to function normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I started my game and found one of my SIMS was standing on a kitchen counter and I can not get her to do anything.

Screenshot (1).png

Message 5 of 13 (5,209 Views)

Re: SIM standing on counter/won't move

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this might be related, but on a different save, I have a vendor who is standing in the middle of a field, instead of in her kiosk. I was still able to order from her, and she gave me the tea, but she never moved from that spot.

Message 6 of 13 (5,153 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That worked! Thank you!

Message 7 of 13 (5,131 Views)

Re: SIM standing on counter/won't move

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with the same house!

Message 8 of 13 (4,950 Views)

Sim Standing on Table

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, cats and dogs, parenthood, cottage living, country kitchen, city living, my first pet stuff, paranormal, courtyard oasis, laundry day, kids room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game and see sim standing on the Solid Wood Modern Antique Table from Parenthood
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is standing on the table and has the option to “go here” when interacted with the table.
What do you expect to see? My sim not standing on a table without the option to move on the table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Reset sim doesn’t work and neither does going to manage worlds. The sim cannot move elsewhere. Deleting the table solved the issue, but it’s weird that it persisted through manage worlds.

Message 9 of 13 (4,575 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (4,352 Views)