Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims get uncomfortable without moodlet collecting water off-grid

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect water from a natural source
What happens when the bug occurs? When collecting water off-grid from a nearby pond, my sim becomes uncomfortable but without any corresponding moodlet. As soon as she can collect water again, the buff disappears. If water is collected again, the uncomfortable buff returns.
What do you expect to see? Either no change in mood or a moodlet telling me why my sim is uncomfortable from collecting water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/3 patch

Water collecting seems bugged to give an unknown uncomfortable buff.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 15 (3,800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Outdoor-Loving Sims uncomfortable when Outdoors

Hero

We discovered that Sims were becoming uncomfortable when Gathering Water… we didn’t really understand why, so we decided to have them not be uncomfortable. Let them feel how they want to feel, I say.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (3,449 Views)

All Replies

Sim uncomfortable after gathering water at fishing spot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/A
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get together, Get To work, Parenthood, Jungle adventure, Vintage glamour, Toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the off the grid lot trait on then gather water at a fishing spot. ( it was in windenburg )
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets uncomfortable but he/she has no moodlets
What do you expect to see? A moodlet saying why he is uncomfortable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happened before I bought seasons, Cats and dogs parent hood and toddler stuff as well

Message 2 of 15 (3,498 Views)

Outdoor-Loving Sims uncomfortable when Outdoors

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Dine Out, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a Sim that Loves the Outdoors outside for more than a few seconds.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will suddenly be Uncomfortable if they were feeling Fine or Unhappy. No moodlet will appear indicating why.
What do you expect to see? The Sim's moodlets should reflect their mood, and they should be happier when outside than inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If it helps, my Sims' other common trait is genius, and both lots are Off-the-Grid and Homey.  I've found that this happens regardless of Sim differences like Aspiration and Gender.  One lot was in the Base Game foresty area (don't remember the name), while the other was in Brindleton Bay.  I had other issues in Brindleton Bay too, but this one persists over saves and areas.  I unfortunately can't manage to get a picture of the occurrence.  Other features of the trait seem to work (can enthuse about the outdoors, get cooped up, etc.).

Message 3 of 15 (3,508 Views)

Hero
@whitejade1979 Did this only happen with that one Sim or does it also happen if you make another Sim with similar traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As far as I'm aware, it happens to all Sims with the Loves-the-Outdoors trait, regardless of save files.

[Posts merged by CM]

To clarify, this did occur to multiple Sims over multiple save files.

It also only happens to Sims with the Loves-the-Outdoors trait.
Message 5 of 15 (3,464 Views)

Hero
@whitejade1979 There's this issue that's still open: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Loves-Outdoors-no-longer-gives-quot-Fresh-Air-quot...

Wonder if they're connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,429 Views)

★ Apprentice

They might be, but it wouldn't explain why my Sims get straight-up Uncomfortable when they go outside.  I didn't get the fresh air moodlet (I don't think I've ever seen it), but the posts don't say anything about getting Uncomfortable outdoors without reason.

Message 7 of 15 (3,417 Views)

Hero
@whitejade1979 I did some testing on this with an Sim and went outside an offgrid lot while she was fine. I actually got the fresh air moodlet so that might be fixed

Did not get uncomfortable

Few questions

1. Does it only happen on Off-grid lots ?
2. Does it happen to sims that don't have the loves outdoor trait ?
3. Have you been collecting water and could it be in fact this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-get-uncomfortable-without-moodlet-collecting/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (3,375 Views)

★ Apprentice

1. I haven't noticed Sims getting uncomfortable on grids that have power/water.

2. I'm unsure, as I haven't tested with Sims that don't Love the Outdoors.

3. I have been collecting water, but I didn't notice it before.  It might be related, but it seems odd considering that they would need to be outside AND have full water.

I haven't seen the Fresh Air moodlet when outside, so it might still be related to the issue you proposed earlier.

Message 9 of 15 (3,355 Views)

Hero
@whitejade1979 Could you test a non-ouitdoorsy Sim to see if they have it too on off-grid lots.

If you don't collect water, do you have it as well (as it's an invisible moodlet causing the issue, it maybe hard to know if it's already there so it might be good to try a new outdoorsy Sim as well and see if they get it when don't collect water.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (3,333 Views)