Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships (Romance Only)

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships (Romance Only)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Holiday Celebration, Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel on vacation while leaving two sims in your household who have a romantic relationship with each other at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon returning "home," the romantic relationship had completely degraded and disappeared between the two sims who were left behind. Their green relationship bar was still full.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the romantic relationship between these two sims will still be intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a pair of sims ("soulmates") who have been in a sustained romantic relationship for probably 200 in-game days with very little to no romantic degradation. The romantic relationship remained full with only a few sprinkled romantic interactions to keep things fresh. That pink romance bar should not have degraded - and especially not at that rapid a rate - simply because they were at home "caring for self."

Meanwhile their green friendship bar remained nearly full in the same circumstances.

note: screenshots show their relationship upon the daughter returning from vacation (and my return to playing her parents). I don't have recent screenshots from before.

Message 1 of 3 (1,299 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@apincas Sounds similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-forget-already-existing-relationships/td-p/6887782/ but as it's romance bar only, I'm leaving this separate

Do you still have saves from before it reset and does it happen each time you go on vacation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,273 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  yeah I was looking at that thread but it seems to be a separate issue, since the friendship was still intact.

Regarding earlier saves: it was a longish vacation and I save a lot, so I don't think any of my saves are from before the vacation. Unless  there's a way to access saves that are earlier than the ones listed in the loading menu?

I only went on one vacation and then I ended up splitting the household, so unfortunately I cannot answer whether it happened on multiple vacations. I can make test household and try it and report back, though.

Message 3 of 3 (1,241 Views)