by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims fails to order pizza delivery if something queued afterwards

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use cellphone to Hire a Service > Order pizza > Select Pizza > Wait until Sims calls for order > The call is completely ignored.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims occasionally (>60%) fail to order any pizza with no reason. It is a call within working hour e.g. 10:00 am. The ordering pizza queue is disappeared after the called but no feedback such as pop-up message, and no pizza delivered. This action is completely ignored.
What do you expect to see? A pop-up for pizza order confirmation and a guy to deliver the pizza
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if it is related or not but usually when I order pizza in university housing/dorm area.  There is no any pizza delivered or any pop-up for confirmation about the order. Sims just make a call and skip this queue without any outcome. It has been happened within working hour.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (3,948 Views)

Re: Sims fails to order pizza delivery

Hero
@icezaz Is it just at the uni households or also in other worlds ?

There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Pizza-can-t-delivered-properly-if-porch-lt-4-tiles... which is a bit different though as the order usually goes through.

Also does it matter what kind of Pizza you order ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictUniversity dorm or housing. There is no pizza guy to show up. This call is completely skipped/ignored. Usually, happen when I order pizza for the second time even though it is not the same day as the 1st order. Happen to any kind of pizza.

Message 3 of 13 (3,849 Views)

Hero
@icezaz Tested mine. Pizza arrived fine.

Could you test a new save for testing purposes to see if it's related to the current save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (3,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictIt is Pepperoni pizza ! Every time I order this, it will be ignored and it happen everywhere ! I also confirmed by immediately order other type of pizzas and it arrives just fine.

Message 5 of 13 (3,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@icezaz That had a thread here but I it started working for me again: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Pepperoni-pizza-order-fails/td-p/6855903

I'll retest if it's bugged for me again too

EDIT: Nope also still working.

Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (3,787 Views)

Hero
@icezaz I tested your save and got the same result as in mine.

I also asked some other folks to test and @DonroaAkashu pointed out that it seems to fail each time if you queue something immediately after.

Are you doing that ? I can duplicate the issue if I do. When I just order pizza and no other interaction, it's fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (3,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictI have tested again. This bug is actually happen to all pizza orders. It seems game will consider this action as "have nothing to do" so it will automatically adds another action to the queue. If I cancel that auto-added action fast enough, the pizza will be delivered. If not, order the pizza will not be registered and will be overridden by next queue.

I sent my record video to you. It is the same save as I sent before.

Message 8 of 13 (3,729 Views)

Hero
@icezaz I have no issue with the game not queuing anything after it automatically but I'm guessing that's the cause of the issue.

If something is queued, the order fails

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (3,721 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict So this must be a bug as it should register the order first before going for the next action in queue.
Message 10 of 13 (3,704 Views)