by 6688sammy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't use bed/ ignore command

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cat and dogs City Living University Eco Living Get Famous Get to work Get togther Island Living Seasons --------------------------------------------- Dine out Parenthood -------------------------------------------------- Backyard stuff Laundry Day Stuff Moschino Stuff My first pet Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sending sims to sleep
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will stand near bed with the command to go to bed still present and in nightwear, after other sims will freeze also
What do you expect to see? My sim to get into bed and sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No further information

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (690 Views)

Sleeping bug

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click the bed to sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click the bed to sleep my sim will walk to the bed change clothes and never get in the bed. and it will never go away in the queue. even if I cancel the action it's still there. my sim will not do any other action it will just stand there. Typically I exit out of the game and it will fix itself self but every time I hit the bed it always does that.
What do you expect to see? I expect it not to happen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i can't screen record

Message 2 of 4 (674 Views)

Re: Sleeping bug

★★★ Guide
@Serena_Christie Hey, I've been having this issue lately also. If you don't want to restart the game every time this occurs, resetting sim seems to fix the issue most of the times (though you need to do it every time you're gonna put the sim to sleep). You need to have testingcheats on and then right click your sim and choose "reset sim".

Sometimes in my game the sim bugging on going to sleep gets this weird "relax"-animation, where they change to pyjamas, stand next to the bed for a long time, then go lay on the bed (not in the sheets) and stand up again and continue being bugged :<

Playing on Mac, no cc/mods.
Message 3 of 4 (650 Views)

Sim wont Sleep

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My saved game Santos. She wont sleep. I started a new game which accidentally got deleted but he was unable to move after drinking A Potion of Plentiful needs. No matter what i wanted him to do, he stayed in the same place. I think my Santos Family drank the same potion and that's when i started having problems
What happens when the bug occurs? The sleep option is grayed out and says she's too scared to sleep
What do you expect to see? Her going to sleep

From looking at the forums, I've changed her clothes, Moved the household and moved her back, tried sleeping somewhere else, Changed my sim, repaired the game, Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, removed any Mods. For 1 min she's in the green for energy then straight to red. I think it has something to do with the potions.

Message 4 of 4 (655 Views)