[NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't drink autonomously-made drinks

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: Sims won't autonomously drink self-made bar drinks

Hero
It's a common issue as you can see in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 37 (1,083 Views)

Re: Sims won't autonomously drink self-made bar drinks

Hero

Since the bar obsession has gotten considerably less, is this still happening to anyone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 37 (1,007 Views)

Re: Bar and Mixing

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game's been like this forever. I just manually move the drinks to the fridge, since my bar is usually far enough away that making them put them away takes too long.
Also while most won't drink the drinks left out (Visitors will) my sims love the drinks once they've been in the fridge and will autonomously grab them a lot

Message 33 of 37 (975 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, this is continuing in my game.  What's weird is one of my celebrity sims who has the needs-to-drink-for-fun quirk also leaves the drink he's just made on the bar, even though he'll also be sporting a debuff for not having had a drink recently.  He should be guzzling that drink down as he's in a mood about not having had a drink, but no, he leaves it and pouts or has an emotional meltdown.  It's kinda funny, and a bit of a pain, too, as I have to direct him to drink the drink he just made.

It's not just him, of course.  As someone noted earlier, the higher the mixology skill, the more likely a sim is to mix drinks just for the heckuva it...and leave it on the bar.  Some of 'em mix drink after drink after drink, never drinking one.

They will autonomously drink the ones I dragged to the fridge, tho usually not the ones they left lying around.  They often take a sip or two and put the glass down, though, and never pick it back up again.  If I don't catch 'em in the act (harder w/larger HHs), I don't know who's been drinking from what glass.  I assume but don't know that this is more likely to spread sim-colds, etc.

Message 34 of 37 (941 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2 years later and its still an issue

Message 35 of 37 (903 Views)

★ Guide

Yes noticed this while playing without mods this week. When inspired, sims will mix drinks, but then they won't drink them, more often than not (sometimes they do). I only started playing Nov of last year, so it's always been this way for me.

Message 36 of 37 (899 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't drink autonomously-made drinks

★★ Guide

Same here. Worst for me is the globe bar. They just put the drinks down and never drink them. They only drink it sometimes. I've started noticing the same with food. It doesn't happen often but sometimes. They take a plate from the fridge and just put it down.

This is how one table looks after a houseparty..

houseparty.png

Message 37 of 37 (790 Views)