by Gailardhia

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't drink autonomously-made drinks

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a Sim mix a drink/watch them do it on their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? they will often leave the drink out to spoil.
What do you expect to see? the Sim drinking what they have just prepared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

can't think of much else to add. more often than not, drinks are left on the bar until they spoil. happens when Sims prepare them on their own or are directed to it. their needs levels don't seem to make a difference. what they leave the drink for can be anything, or they might just stand there behind the bar. happens with autonomy on and off.

Message 24 of 37 (7,854 Views)

[OPEN] Sims don't drink autonomously made drinks

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello, everyone. Standard smile

I have searching around about 'Bar' problems. Whenever i placed a bar in my home, my family wouldn't stop mixing and mixing... yet almost never drink them.

I don't like seeing them wasting their money. This is a common bug, i think.

Well, is there any mods that prevent them from autonomously making drinks at the bar? (I don't really mind they go to get a water, but owning a bar made my home much more luxurious.)

I'm sorry if asking for such things (as mods) are prohibited, but i'm just curious.

Thank you...Large smile

Oh, one last thing. Please merge this post to another same bug problem if needed. I'm afraid if i asked this to another forum, it would go off-topic.

Message 1 of 37 (8,283 Views)

Re: Bar and Mixing

Hero

Hi @Gailardhia

there's an issue with drinking obsession which also makes them use the bar often but usually they drink what they mix so your issue seems different.

Have you done all the usually troubleshooting steps like repair your game and try a new save for testing purposes to see if it also occurs there ?

As for mods, you can use them but we're not allowed to link them here. MC Command Center might have an option, otherwise try modthesims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (8,262 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks you for your suggestion.Large smile

Let's see what i could find (following the regular troubleshooting).

As long as they immediately drink what they made, i suppose it's OK.

The only thing that bothered me just they won't drink them. Most of time just left them there until spoiled.

Message 3 of 37 (8,252 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Gailardhia Do your sims have a low need such as low fun when this occurs? Are you using many Mods? Is it just with one type of Bar or  any of them you place? Would you be happy to share your save?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 4 of 37 (8,237 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I still searching for the problem, just to make sure.

Low need? I think no... usually i keep them in relatively high needs.

I'm not sure if custom clothes are considered mods. If so, then yes. Quite a lot but they're a set of 5. Assassin's Creed outfit from "001 Studio K" and the CreedHood from TSR.

Oh, another mod that i used are "Satisfaction" Mod (for retail and restaurant employees), and Cinderellimod "NPC_Barista" (for the same purpose, but different creator)

I'm not sure about placing another bar, i never tried the other but this one i have is quite often used by my household. "Future Furniture Star Bar" (From 'Get Together'). I also put the same thing on another family, they did the same thing: Mix, and left it (the drink) until spoiled. I just put another bar, it seems everything back to normal. They won't touch it unless i clicked the bar (I'm starting to suspect the Future Furniture" i mentioned earlier.)

Still i need to make sure of this. And, sure, i'll send my save. I appreciate it. Large smile

Btw, i'm not native speaker. So, i'm sorry if there's any mistake.

Message 5 of 37 (8,231 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Gailardhia Thank you for responding. All your answers are very clear. Do you know if the "Satisfaction" Mod impacts the sims need to drink?

Message 6 of 37 (8,220 Views)

Hero

Hi,

I wasn't aware you were using mods/cc.

Could you please test this on a vanilla game first ?

Just to make sure it's not mod related. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (8,215 Views)

★ Apprentice

Really? I didn't know that. I used it because my Restaurant employees status are always "Neutral" (if not Unsatisfied)

I'm sorry if i didn't tell you first if i'm using a mod. I thought it not really related. But, sure, let's see if i removed them.

Thank you. I'll check it again. Large smile

Message 8 of 37 (8,205 Views)

Hero

It might not be related but there's no way of telling if you haven't tested without

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (8,192 Views)