by dirty_milos

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't clean up (far away) books

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a club is in gathering, they won't clean up books. One of the club activities is reading if that matters.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim won't clean up books.
What do you expect to see? A Sim cleans up books.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims won't clean up books while they are in a club gathering, and reading is one of the club activities.

Message 1 of 10 (1,804 Views)

Re: Clean up books

Community Manager (retired)

You mean NPCs won't autonomously clean up books that have been left around? I wouldn't expect them to, unless they had the Neat trait. If you think this behavior changed with some patch, we can investigate it as a potential bug, but otherwise this sounds like feedback to me. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 10 (1,738 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No. I mean, when I click to a bookshelf, and select "Clean up books", my Sim won't clen up books. And it is almost 100% time like that.

Message 3 of 10 (1,691 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dirty_milos wrote:

No. I mean, when I click to a bookshelf, and select "Clean up books", my Sim won't clen up books. And it is almost 100% time like that.

Are you using a standard bookshelf? Or one of the book stacks that were converted to add that function?
Do you have any homework books (base game) or personal journals (Parenthood) lying out?
I have noticed the action to clean up books gets dropped from queue if I only have a converted book stacks on the lot.
@SimGuruNickI noticed the club activity to "read book" resulted in books everywhere. I added the activity to "clean" and that sometimes helps. But this is different.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 10 (1,679 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I use standard bookshelves. And in about 9 out of 10 times, my Sim won't clean up books when I click. Or they just clean up some of the books, but not all. These are just standard books which come with the bookshelf itself. It happens during my club gathereing when one of the activities is reading books, but also when the club is not in gathering. Cleaning activity in the club helps maybe 1 out of 10 times. Also, hired maids won't clean up books.

Or they put the books into that wooden box I forgot how it's called instead of a bookshelf, which is an issue for years now and still not solved. I have a museum lot with a bookshelf and that wooden box, I clicked on the bookshelf, and no books there. I thought NPCs put them all into their inventory. But then I clicked on the wooden box to check, and all 11 books were there instead of being in the bookshelf.

Message 5 of 10 (1,648 Views)

Hero
@dirty_milos For the books put in chests you can use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Put-Books-in-Chest-Instead-of-on-Bookshelf/td...

Does this happen in all your houses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,647 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Well then, that definitely doesn't sound like feedback, sounds straight up broken haha, thanks for all the info!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (1,617 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, in all houses.

Message 8 of 10 (1,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dirty_milos For how long did you have this ? DId it ever work for you ?

I do assume you tested with no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I have tested with no mods/cc. I had just one cc for clothes in CAS in another save game not in this one, but when I removed it from the mods folder and disabled cc and mods in the game options, it was the same.

But I have tested this more thoroughly, and here is what I found. My Sim will clean up only the books which are close to him/her. If my Sim is far away from the books, he/she won't clean them up.

If they are on the same floor and the bookshelf is on the same floor, and the Sim is near the books, the Sim will clean them  up. If they are on the same floor, but far away, the Sim won't clean them up. If the Sim is on another floor, and the books and bookshelf are on another floor, the Sim won't clean up the books. But if the Sim is near the book, and the bookshelf is on another floor, the Sim will clean up the books, but only one book, not all of them.

Hope this helps. I can't exactly remember for how long I have this, maybe several months.

Message 10 of 10 (1,539 Views)