by AstralynGames

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims choose to use furthest toilet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house with bathrooms and a separate building with another bathroom (I have a main house and then a pool house with a gym and two bathrooms in the gym area) and let the sim choose to go to the bathroom on their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will walk to the furthest bathroom every time.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to use the nearest bathroom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims will walk to the furthest bathroom every time they choose to go to the bathroom. For example, a sim in the master bedroom - on the second floor of the main house - will walk past the master bathroom, down the stairs, outside into the pool building, up the stairs, and into one of the bathrooms there. The toilets are different, but the most expensive one is in the master bathroom (the Swan Throne in the main house and the Potty Mouth 2.0 in the gym area).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,440 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims choose to use furthest toilet

★★ Novice

Same problem. I have a huge mansion with 6 bathrooms, plus a seventh bathroom in the basement. My sims always choose the one in the basemnt, even if they're on the second floor, the one with the larger number of bathrooms.

It's frustrating because it takes a lot of time (like most of the sims4 actions) and sometimes they pee themselves because they were too far from that specific toilet.

I've put a restriction on the door, so they don't go there anymore, but it's not a solution because now I don't have a bathroom in the basement that is where the gym is....

Maybe the gym is the problem, who knows....(jk Wink)

Message 2 of 5 (1,169 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims choose to use furthest toilet

★★★★★ Expert
I have a similar problem too, when I use Auto-solve toilet, most of the time they always choose the farthest toilet. If I then queue up auto-solve hygiene after the toilet command, they don't use the shower in the bathroom they are already in, but change and go to another one, very often the one I wanted them to go to in the first place.
Message 3 of 5 (1,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims choose to use furthest toilet

★★ Pro

Yeah I get this too when I use auto-solve. It seems like proximity isn't even taken into consideration. Also neat sims will clean objects when I click auto-solve hygiene so I'd say there's generally issues with auto-solving. Oh and they might choose to take a nap instead of sleeping when trying to auto-solve energy at night.

Message 4 of 5 (1,109 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims choose to use furthest toilet

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,052 Views)