by crinrict

Original Post

Sims cannot Dance to and Listen to music on some stereos

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to Dance to and Listen to music on the HiFive High Fidelity Stereo at the same time. Sims can do both at the same time, getting a high fun boost. However, attempting to do both with the Kaboom Box results in the second option getting put on hold until the first one gets cancelled. Sims cannot do both at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot Dance To and Listen To music on the Kaboom box at the same time.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to "Dance To" and "Listen To" music at the same time on ALL stereo devices, not just some.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Haven't tested with ALL devices yet, but if you have a sim Dance to and Listen to music on some stereo's at the same time, the sim can do BOTH at the same time, getting a high boost to FUN. However, some stereos like the Kaboom box, don't allow both to be done at the same time.

This is important for the Kaboom box because it's the cheapest stereo and usually the one players go to most often with new sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed outdated tag

Message 1 of 11 (3,351 Views)

Re: Sims cannot Dance to and Listen to music on some stereos

Hero

I'm unable to replicate this on my save.

As you can see on the picture I can listen to music and dance multi-task on the kaboom box too

Kaboom.JPG

Did you try several stations to see if it's a certain station that's giving troubles ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictCrap, I did it 6 times and now I can't replicate it. Tried a half dozen different stations. There must be something else triggering it, I'll keep and eye out and see if I can figure it out.

It happens quite often, just not sure what's causing the failure. It seems to only occur with the Kaboom box tho.

I figured it out. It has to do with how close the Kaboom box is to the wall. See the attached pics.TS4_Pic1.jpgTS4_Pic2.jpg

If the Kaboom box is next to the wall, the commands don't work at the same time. If it is one or more blocks away, it does.

It's not the window either. I moved it and it made no difference. There are no ceiling lights above.

Actually, it's doing it with ALL stereos. If I put any stereo next to the wall, the commands don't work at the same time.

Message 3 of 11 (3,315 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps All do some more testing after the patch dropped.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (3,284 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Nope, still doing the same thing after the patch. Just tried it with the "Tower of Power" stereo. Put it against the wall, tasks wait. Pull it away from the wall, both tasks work.
Message 5 of 11 (3,269 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Hm. Also works for me. I used to ALT Key to post it as close to the wall as possible,

Are you using MOO to place it even further ?

Could you upload your build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (3,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictI do have moveobjects enabled, but I just used the standard snap-to-grid locations and didn't Alt-place it. Let me start a new world without those enabled and see how it effects it.

Played it again with a completely new world, no cheats enabled, no move objects enabled, no mods or cc at all. Mods folder was completely empty except for resource.cfg.

Sent the link.

Message 7 of 11 (3,208 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps It's facinating. I tried the house and it didn't work as you said. I then moved the stereo to a different place (just moved it over about 4 times), there it worked. From your pictures I see it didn't work either in other houses but I tried the same house in my game and had no issues with it

Did you test a different save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (3,167 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict The screen shots are from an active world I've been playing recently. The save I sent was a brand-new world created just for that. Never played before then. I've had the problem on many worlds for quite some time. I clear caches periodically, and that save was created with absolutely no mods installed whatsoever.

I'm not sure what's triggering it. Before that save, I tried it in the next-door house and I couldn't get it to fail. I tried it in that house and it failed right away. But it's not just that house as you've seen.

That save was in Willow Creek, the original unmodified house. I've had the problem in every neighborhood. The screen-shots were in the house in Brindleton Bay, Bedlington Boathouse that I modified.
Message 9 of 11 (3,160 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps I'll forward your save to QA.

Not sure what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (3,141 Views)