by LadyAelswith

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims cancel interactions to play dolls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buying a doll house
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone in the household stops what they are doing just to play dolls
What do you expect to see? See above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've had this problem since the laundry day patch, and now its getting on my nerves.

I don't know if someone has already reported this or what not, and im sorry if this is already a post

Basically what happens, is i make my sims do something ( other than play dolls ) and they cancel that interaction JUST TO PLAY DOLLS
sometimes the " play dolls " interaction just doesn't work. they stand near the doll house and nothing happens ( when i tell them not to play dolls )
All my toddlers want to do is play dolls, same with my child sim and their mother. 

They cancel whatever i tell them to do, just to play dolls. I eventually has to sell the doll house.

I have tried repairing my game in origin and i still get the problem!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (3,780 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims cancel interactions to play dolls

★★★★ Pro
I think this is one of the obsessions from the Parenthood Pack. It also happens in my game frequently. The other ones are watching Kids TV and washing inexistent dishes.
Message 2 of 14 (3,653 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, i'm also having those issues! You would think they would have fixed them by now.. 

Message 3 of 14 (3,630 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @LadyAelswith

We are having trouble trying to reproduce this issue.

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 14 (3,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't have that save file anymore unfortunately, but to find the bug, all you have to do is buy a dollhouse, turn on autonomy and wait.. Sometimes they don't play dolls straight away, but most of the time they cancel interactions or ' Play dolls ' will be in their interaction que and they will just stand still for a while and the interaction to ' play dolls ' cancels on its own!

Tagging @SimGuruIcarus for feedback.

Message 5 of 14 (3,556 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cancel interactions to play dolls

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (3,513 Views)

★ Apprentice
I don't usually place doll houses, but my main household has one and until I had autonomy off, they would gravitate to play dolls. It's usually a whim for them too. I've noticed it for my toddler, child, and mom. The dad doesn't seem to, at least that I've noticed.

When my power comes back on (in a week+ ) I plan on testing a new save for this and other multiple issues.
Message 7 of 14 (3,473 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have been unable to reproduce this issue. Saves would be very appreciated. 

Also, do your sims have the childish trait?

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 14 (3,431 Views)

Adults playing with dollhouses relentlessly

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP23: 1.assets.ml-sp23.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game, and stuff pack as well as every kit that is currently released.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is not hard to find this bug. You just need a house with an adult sim and a child/toddler sim who has a dollhouse in their bedroom. It should happen on its own.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adults play with the dollhouse without end, even when their needs drop all the way to empty.
What do you expect to see? Adults play with the dollhouse for a while, then stop when their needs get low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I wasn't entirely sure if this was a glitch or a game function, but I figured I would just let you guys on the EA team know. Anytime I have a sim with a child who has a dollhouse in their bedroom, any adult in the house will play with the dollhouse, but so much so and so relentlessly that they will completely ignore their needs, their job, things like that. They will pee themself and then sit back down and continue to keep playing with their kids' dollhouse XD. The only way I have found to stop this is to lock the child/toddler's bedroom to everyone but them, but then I am unable to do the actions such as tucking the toddler in for bed or spraying the monster under the bed for the children since the door is locked to the adult. This is not a problem for teens. The teens leave the dollhouses alone XD. Thank you so, so much for all of the time and effort you guys on the EA team put into such an awesome game! You guys put in so much work and effort and time to make sure we players can have the best experience possible, and for that, you have my endless respect. Always remember that you are appreciated, and have a nice day!

Message 9 of 14 (1,494 Views)

Re: Adults playing with dollhouses relentlessly

Hero
@FandomsUnite32 Do you have them interrupt other interactions to do it like this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-cancel-interactions-to-play-dolls/m-p/6626405 ?

Sounds like the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,476 Views)