Re: Sims won't eat leftovers

by PansekshuElle

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims cancel eating Leftovers (No drink)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and Packs, and most Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on the fridge and select "get leftovers"
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim takes the leftovers, sits and the eating action disappears. If you click again on the dish on the table the action just vanishes again, so the sim can't eat from that dish anymore.
What do you expect to see? The sim sits, and eats the leftovers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch (June Eco Lifestyle)

"Get Leftovers" from the fridge most of the times does not work: the sim takes the dish from the fridge, sits and then he/she won't eat from that dish no matter what. You have to clean the plate up and get another one.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 6 of 15 (2,693 Views)

Food disappears

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cats& Dogs, Pet Stuff, Moschino, Vampires, Fitness and Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims eat.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims are eating they randomly stop, pick up their plate and place it elsewhere in the house and it then disappears.
What do you expect to see? Plate of food is gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Eco Lifestyle

There are other things that happens as well. Sometimes a sim will be eating and will not finish the plate even though their hunger need is not full. Quite often as mentioned above when a sim places a plate somewhere in the house it will disappear with out without food on it. Very few times the plate has been found but not where the sim was placing it. Example would be the sim goes to place the plate on the dining room table, it would then show up on the coffee table after a few sim minutes, it's never been more than 1 sim hour if it shows back up. My detective sim was at work eating. I queued some things for him to do after eating. He ate for 10 sim minutes got up, place the plate on the dining table and poof it was gone forever. That was at the beginning of his shift. Also another one is a sim would grab a serving from the refrigerator and when I look back at that sim, they are still standing in front of the refrigerator and the plate is gone. This bug has been getting progressively worst since installing EL. From day 1 of installing EL I didn't have this issue. It started 5-7 days later with just one occurrence. I wouldn't see it again for another day or so.

Message 1 of 15 (2,655 Views)

Re: Food disappears

Hero
@SexyLadyK Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictI had just repaired the game because I purchased 4 stuff packs. I always repair the game after installing in new packs. But I will repair again to see if that helps and get back to you.

Message 3 of 15 (2,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict So I haven't noticed any food disappearing. I have noticed that the hunger need does not fill up when they eat a meal. I have to have them eat 2-3 times to get it filled up

Message 4 of 15 (2,545 Views)

Hero
@SexyLadyK For any food you eat ? Does your Sim still interrupt eating ? Is the Sim also drinking at the same time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (2,512 Views)

Hero
@tiarron Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (2,635 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Been having this issue too. Also idk if this is related, but the “Forager’s stew” recipe has no option to grab a serving, aka eat. You can only pick up a serving, then have to eat it from your inventory. Could be a separate issue, but I noticed them both at the same time.

Message 8 of 15 (2,607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, usually the last serving of leftovers, and when taken from a counter or fridge.

Had it for a while and didn't really try to fix, am having error 134 now so can't try and fix this one

Message 9 of 15 (2,560 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims cancel eating Leftovers (No drink)

★★★ Novice

I did not have this problem after the last update 3 weeks ago, but after the latest update, suddenly, my sims won't eat their leftovers. In one house, probably because of the layout of the kitchen, which is kind of tight, they don't even leave the fridge, just toss the plate down and do the T thing for a second, and the eat action is gone. If you try to get them to pick up the plate and eat it )by clicking the plate and selecting eat whatever the meal is, they pick it up then it's back on the floor again and the queued action is gone. In a couple of cases, after several tries, the plate just disappears, or else it's on a shelf somewhere and I won't find it until it's rotten.  This is ridiculous. I always put food in the fridge, particularly when one of the sims is culinary career, as in this household. That one does all the cooking and everyone else eats leftovers. So, now, I can't feed them.

This save has no mods or custom content because I started it after I got Eco Living. But I like to build my whole environment and fill it with my own sims then rotate through households, playing each household a few days at a time. So, since Eco Living, I've almost got my new save built out and populated.  Since I had to restart after the initial Eco Living bugs and could no longer play a save file I've been playing for years, I'm really very PO'd at the moment. Eco Living is so buggy It's nearly impossible to play. I'm not nearly the only one who uses the build the whole environment out and play rotating households set up, not by a long shot. It's a lot of work, but it's the way I've played since the first Sims game, and I got the Sims when it first came out. I'm really, really tired of the difficulties that have occurred after all the latest new packs and even updates. What's happened with your testing? Are you not play testing? Or do you just test so superficially that you don't notice any of these huge glaring bugs?

Message 10 of 15 (2,451 Views)