Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bug Sims can't wash dishes

by Dyute171

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I tried moving the household out and back in, and they are still not being able to clean dishes. They will pick them up, sometimes collect a few, and then put them back down on the table. Other times, it says that I can't "clean up" because "A trash can or sink is required to clean this up." 

I deleted the hanging pots, and any decorations around the sink as well (and the poster behind the sink), and nothing changed. 

It's not really a problem since I can just drag and drop the plates to the trash, and I'm planning on moving houses anyways soon, but I just find it strange.

Screenshot (1).jpg

Message 11 of 16 (126 Views)

Hero

Guess taking a look at your save is next then.

Would you be willing to share that as well ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game. Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just pm-ed you a link.

Message 13 of 16 (94 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Dyute171 

I have found the issue in your house (I think).

The trouble is, that Sims seem to like to put dirty dishes in empty shelf slots .. but then they can't retrieve them.

DirtyDish2.jpg

When you tell them to retrieve the ones on the table, they also want to retrieve the ones on the shelves and then fail cause they can't reach it. The same used to happen (it's supposed to be fixed) if there's dishes on half walls.

There's also a dish in the upper bathroom on the floor but I don't know how much of an issue that one poses. It's def the ones on the shelves that make them route fail.

If you manually remove them, it should be fine.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game. Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (81 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yay that fixed it!

Thanks!

Message 15 of 16 (56 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't wash dishes on shelves

Hero
Added

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (22 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help