[FIXED] Sims can't wash dishes if some are on shelves

by Dyute171

Original Post

The Sims 4: Dirty Dishes Bug/Glitch

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Parenthood, Moschino Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever there's dishes that are need of cleaning, my sims (for this family) act as if they're going to wash them, but instead form a big pile and place them down wherever. I've tried hiring a maid and have them load the dishwasher, but my only tedious solution is to manually drag them somewhere like the sink. It's a pit stye whenever they're being placed on a counter-like surface.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to clean up their messes by somehow washing the dishes without this glitch/bug holding me back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Through all of my showed videos, my sim refuses to fully clean up her mess. She only picks them up occasionally scrapes off food, but has just recently stopped washing them. This goes for the whole family. I've tried creating a new sims 4 folder, repairing, updating, and uninstalling, but the issue is still occurring. Any help you, or anyone else has had, would mean a lot. 

Message 21 of 69 (1,822 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Dirty Dishes Bug/Glitch

Hero
@0213962012 There's a few issues with this so:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Dishes-being-ignored-when-cleaning-up/td-p/6414731/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-LDSP-Can-t-clean-dishes-on-LDSP-table/td-p/6591722/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-can-t-wash-dishes-on-shelves/td-p/7427122/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Sims-can-t-clean-up-while-quot-Always/m-p/8210...

So, is your Sim a spellcaster ? Could you check shelfes for dishes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 69 (1,799 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well, no spellcasters (I don't have ROM). They usually pile up the dishes and leave them on a coffee table for some reason. Maids do it too.

Message 23 of 69 (1,779 Views)

Hero
@tcikes Did you check your shelves ? It's the most likely culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 69 (1,772 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "checking my shelves"?

Message 25 of 69 (1,754 Views)

Hero
@tcikes Sims like to put dirty dishes on shelves around the house (also trophy cases and other stuff) but can't get them back from there which leads to issues.

So check any shelves/cases you have in your home that have slots if there's any dirty dishes there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 69 (1,751 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ahh, ok. Will keep an eye on that and see if that's the case! Thanks

Message 27 of 69 (1,750 Views)

★★★ Novice

i also have this issue. i made sure the shelves i use cant have any extra plates or bowls on them by putting the festival bubbles on the minute space left. it seems sims will autonomously use the dishwasher but if i tell them to clean or load the dishwasher they collect everything and pile them. having a made seems to help and while i do have spell casters there are normal sims too who also do it

Message 28 of 69 (1,718 Views)

Hero
@Sazzmoo Can you send me your save ?

Upload to oneDrive or googleDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 69 (1,711 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Nope, not a spell caster. And, yeah, I've checked similar posts concerning this issue, but haven't found a solid solution.

Message 30 of 69 (1,693 Views)