Re: Sims 4: Sims refuse to do dishes

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@Valnatron Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Check all shelves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 69 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

UPDATE:  (sigh) ... Never mind ...

Hidden dishes.png

-----------------------------------------

@crinrictAll shelves checked and no dishes anywhere.

Message 42 of 69 (906 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Try the following:

Backup your house to the gallery and backup your save.

Then try deleting room by room, testing after each room you have until it works. Start with the top floor.

Once you know which room, scan that again from top with walls up for any dishes.

Sometimes it's not really a shelf but something else unexpected. Everything that has slots to put something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 69 (948 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks, Crinrict. I found the offending dishes, but there are other glitches still happening (toddler Sims popping out of bed when I go into the Build / Buy modes as though I reset them, Sims refusing to sleep when it rains because they have to run inside, etc.). So, I'm going to backup the house and save and start deleting, like you suggested.
Message 44 of 69 (938 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron There's a thread for buy/build reset here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-resetting-after-using-build-mode/td-p/78736...

The run inside there's only one for toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Toddler-Queues-Run-Inside-from-Blizzard-When-Put-In/t...

Don't think that either is an issue of the house. The suggestion was only an easy way to find the dishes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 69 (930 Views)

Re: Sims don't do dishes or take out trash

Hero
@dulcereposa Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 69 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I thought I fixed the problem but the problem still occurs

even regular sims aren't doing dishes or taking out the trash, they just pick it up and then they put them back down, I either have to delete them manually or keep forcing them to try and clean them.

Edit: I took off Tranportalate and it seemed to work for a few days, but it's happening again even to normal sims.

Message 47 of 69 (908 Views)

Hero
@dulcereposa That usually happens if there's some dishes on shelves. They like to put them there but can't get them back down.

Can you scan your house for any objects with slots to see if there's any dishes on them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 69 (905 Views)

Sims won't clean up plates if they need to scrape food

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Strangerville and Mochismo.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a trigger that makes it happen, but once the bug happens you can see the wrong behavior all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? From what I've observed so far, it becomes impossible to clear a pile of plates if food needs to be scraped. They'll pick up the plates, and then place them on the current dining table and won't clear them away. I've found I can sometimes force it by moving the pile of plates to the counter with the dishwasher, but normally they're just stuck in this loop of picking up plates and then placing them down. When I've managed to get them to wash the dishes, I find it'll trigger again as soon as they have to scrape for food. This was working normally before, I've tried replacing the existing bin and dishwasher but nothing. I'll try moving them out shortly.
What do you expect to see? Sims should scrape plates and then wash them accordingly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Save file is here Standard smile https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X1gd4W48VvnWdmGZWDfKj7Kfp24rXwM- Hopefully I did it right!

Message 49 of 69 (954 Views)

Re: Sims won't clean up plates if they need to scrape food

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve had this as well and I’ve noticed it only seems to happen on University housing lots because they don’t have a “real” trash can but have the wall trash can thing instead.   You can edit the lot to add a regular trash can but not when you have a sim currently residing there.

And of course when a sim needs to clean up a plate that doesn’t need to be scraped they’ll stack it on top of the plate that does need to be scraped and wash them both in the sink.

Message 50 of 69 (939 Views)