Re: The Sims 4: Dirty Dishes Bug/Glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

[Solved]Re: The Sims 4: Dirty Dishes Bug/Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Sazzmoo , I tried getting rid of the main culprit: Fire's First Love Coffee Table, but they decided to just spam it somewhere else like the table. Before my last save, they never attempted to spam dirty dishes on either shelf, table, counter, or, if even, the floor. I even tried making a test lot. Nothing changed.

Message 31 of 69 (1,910 Views)

Hero
@0213962012 Would you mind uploading your save and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 69 (1,905 Views)

Hero

@0213962012 

I found a few issues in your house but the main one is in the upstairs bathroom,

Look at all the dishes

dishes.JPG

This plate can also lead to issues. They can't clean it up

MoreDish.JPG

Also you might want to not place the highchairs so close together. I can't say how much trouble they are bu the trash can next to them is potentially not accessible in all cases.

Main issues are the dishes in the upstairs room though. And yes, it's a bug that they are placed everywhere around the house.

I'll probably merge this with the main one if you can confirm to me that removing those dishes solves the issue for you as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 69 (1,883 Views)

Hero
@0213962012 Did you get a chance to test this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 34 of 69 (1,845 Views)

Sims don't do dishes or take out trash

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Making sims clean dishes or take out trash
What happens when the bug occurs? the sims pick up dishes or trash and immediately put them back down
What do you expect to see? Sims actually putting them away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed Realm of Magic

I have came across a bug that when I try to make my sims do dishes, they will pick them up and immediately put them back down. the same with Trash, mods and cc or not the issue because this has only been recently occurring since I installed Realm of Magic, I also repaired files. Not sure what else to do.

Message 35 of 69 (1,799 Views)

Re: Sims don't do dishes or take out trash

Hero
@dulcereposa Is your Sim a spellcaster and do you use always transportable on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 69 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict So far, everything's running smoothly. Like the shelves, some I've deleted while others I just moved back into their original spot without using common cheats. Whenever they lay their dishes down somewhere, they'll easily wash them without a struggle. I also rearranged the highchairs to make sure they could use the trash cans and dishwashers properly. It worked.

Message 37 of 69 (1,815 Views)

Hero
@0213962012 I merged your post then. You might also want to click on the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 69 (1,792 Views)

Sims 4: Sims refuse to do dishes

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT the Moschino, First Pet and Backyard Stuff backs ... and the University thing that is coming out, but that is a duh.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sims try to wash dishes after a meal
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim picks up the dish, takes two steps to the left and puts the dish down. Clicking on dish washer and selecting "load dishwasher" makes them wave their arm, shrug, pick up the dish and put it on the table.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim to take the dish to the closest sink to them or to the dish washer and clean the dishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, this JUST started.  My sims had two new babies born into the family and I added a new room in the basement, expanded the kitchen and bought a new high chair.  Then, after a bad thunderstorm during which the toddler refused to go to bed and both he and his two parents passed out on the floor form exhaustion, I loaded a previous save and found that every member of the family who is old enough to do the dishes is now refusing to do the dishes.  They pick up the dish, walk to steps and place the dish down on the closest surface.  Having them clean out the fridge results in them taking the dirty dishes out of the fridge, freaking out over the appearance of a "celebrity" (i.e. their spouse) and the dishes disappearing.

I have sold, bought, sold and bought new sinks and dishwashers.  I have repaired the game twice.  I have redesigned my kitchen and I have even gone back to an EARLIER save (just in case the babies had jinxed the lot) and it still happens.  Too make matters worse, since this bug started, every time I go into Buy Mode it resets all my sleeping Sims, so when I go back into Live Mode to see if my fixes fixed the bug, my toddler Sim throws a fit because he is exhausted and he refuses to go back to bed until I reset him with the resetSim cheat.

I really like this Sim family and I don't want to lose them, but if they are glitched beyond salvation, I might have to ... delete them and start again.  :'-(  That makes me sad.

Message 39 of 69 (1,763 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Sims refuse to do dishes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ValnatronIt appears there may be invisible dishes on the lot as, after my third "Repair Game" a Sim ACTUALLY made it to the kitchen with a plate in his hand. However, he stopped in the center of the kitchen, waved his arm to indicate he couldn't get to something and then put down the dish. According to his Action Queque, the item he couldn't reach was a pile of dishes that were no where to be seen.

I don't know what to do beyond bulldozing the entire lot and building a new house, which is really cheesing me off because this build took a lot of time to make and I have not yet saved the most recent additions to the build.

Still ... if the options are "get rid of family" and "get ride of house" .... I guess I'll get rid of the house. :-( Phooie. I won't do either until the community has had a chance to give me some advice, though.

Message 40 of 69 (1,756 Views)