Re: Sims can't walk through a perfectly empty area.

by stjmk

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stjmk That was the post @cierrafromme made: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-use-appliances-on-counters-against-the-wall/m-p/9756...
They uploaded their house.

Was just now thinking it might be the same as yours. As I suck at building and pretty busy elsewhere, would you mind checking their house to see if it's similar to what you're seeing ?

It's def some weird area that can't be access

EDIT: MErged the threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 46 (1,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@cierrafrommeI downloaded and checked out the build, and you most definitely do have "dead zones' in the kitchen all along the exterior wall and the wall adjoining the bathroom. I'm not sure why but there also seemed to be a "phantom room" with half walls cutting the kitchen in two. (Also noticed one in the bathroom which I left alone since it didn't seem to be affecting my sim's "go here" option.)

I managed to "fix" the kitchen, by hokey poking the phantom room and the exterior wall, adjusting half wall room until it lined up with exterior wall, moving wall in one, redrawing exterior half wall with full wall, moving wall out one, with seemed to fix the "dead zone" in kitchen in front of exterior wall. (One or more of these steps may be completely unnecessary, but I was just trying things until it worked.)

"Fixed" kitchen "dead zone" along bathroom wall by moving wall over one into kitchen. Then there were some grid tiles in middle of kitchen that were still dead zoning, and wound up drawing little room boxes in kitchen then deleting/"selling" them until my sim was able to walk on all parts of grid in kitchen (I moved/deleted all counters first because if sims can't walk on space they won't be able to fully use appliances or counters set on space.).

The kitchen is narrower, and there are still two "dead zone" grid tiles in bathroom right in the middle of the wall with the vanity mirror where I moved wall into kitchen. Only thing I could think of was to wall them in and make that area a "closet" maybe, and then place vanity area against "closet" wall in bathroom.

Message 42 of 46 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can you possibly upload the fixed house for me? or simplify what you did I'm a bit confused. Did you just move the walls?

Message 43 of 46 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@cierrafrommeWell, I don't have Snowy Escape, so all your stuff got changed. So, the "fixed" house is probably not as nice now.

To simplify: Try doing the following:

1. Clear downstairs kitchen space of all counters, chairs, etc.

2. Move exterior wall in ground floor kitchen in one. Redraw exterior wall, then move it back out. See if Sims can walk on those outside spaces next to window.

3. Move the wall of the bathroom adjoining kitchen in one to kitchen. See if Sims can walk on spaces next to that wall.

4. Click around in kitchen, and, wherever Sims can't walk, draw a little room box, click on it, choose Move and Sell it. Then, see if Sims can walk on that space. Repeat until all areas in kitchen can be walked on.

As I said, the only thing I didn't manage to "fix" were two of the spots in the bathroom where the kitchen floor had been. Although the little room box Move/Sell maneuver might work on them too.

Message 44 of 46 (1,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh wow, you're a life saver! Thank you so much, it works! 

Message 45 of 46 (1,218 Views)

★★ Pro
@cierrafromme You're very welcome. So glad it's working for you!
Message 46 of 46 (1,212 Views)