Re: Sims can't walk through a perfectly empty area.

by stjmk

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims can't walk through a perfectly empty area

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, get together, go to work, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, dine out, tiny living, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden, spooky stuff, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I created a lot, there is a hallway on the second floor my sims cant go through. No "go here" option or any option appears when I click in the first half of this hallway.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can not walk through an empty area of the house.
What do you expect to see? My sim walking through the empty area.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I created a lot, there is a hallway on the second floor my sims cant go through. No "go here" option or any option appears when I click in the first half of this hallway.

I did not use cheats to create it, there are no objects at all. I had to remove walls so my sims can go "around" these trouble area of like 4-5 grid squares.

I have tried restarting the game, erasing the "room-hallway" and building it again, changing the second floor plan configuration, delating the roof. My game simply does not recognize that area as existing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 46 (13,134 Views)

Hero
@PamelaPalacios could you upload the house to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (13,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PamelaPalacios I had the exact same problem with the Coorinberg cottage I recently uploaded. Three whole bedrooms upstairs. I removed roof (not the problem), replaced walls, made little x-shaped walls (which worked for most of the area in the rooms), then, remembering Sims 1, added wall downstairs (didn't help), finally replaced rooms because there was a 2x1 area in front of two of the doors to a bath and bedroom that my sims could not get to (didn't work). I "solved" the problem by extending one room entry 1-tile out and just making it a diagonal wall over the remaining 1-tile area they can't walk in. I just assumed the game hated me personally.

@crinrict I have one that I uploaded that I haven't taken down yet. My earlier version of Coorinberg Cottage. Interestingly, the cat could get in and out of the rooms, but not my sims.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 3 of 46 (13,103 Views)

Hero
@stjmk I can only find one version in your gallery. Did you remove the faulty one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (13,054 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Yes, I did after a few days. Sorry about that. I'll re-upload faulty one with a warning to people not to download if that's okay.
Message 5 of 46 (13,051 Views)

Hero
@stjmk If you want you can just send me the library files. Upload to google or onedrive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (13,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrictToo late. Already uploaded to gallery. And I just checked and The Summer Home already in my gallery also has this problem in the upstairs hall.

Also, I've been experimenting on my poor Sim, and the issue seems to be fences. Walls are fine, but as soon as I replace them with fences, he can't get there from here.

Message 7 of 46 (13,045 Views)

★ Pro

I'm not a builder, so please disregard if these are unhelpful.

I don't build, but I do download lots of beautiful builds from the Gallery. Occasionally I find that my Sims can't traverse certain areas.

The most common problem is objects placed with "moveobjects on." For example a large decorative plant placed next to a bedroom wall makes it impossible to access the bathroom. 

Other common obstacles are lights. Especially ceiling lights. A large ceiling light in a hallway may prevent my Sim from traversing the hallway because they can't walk under it. 

The weirdest one is doors just don't work. Sometimes deleting the door and replacing it works. Sometimes it needs replacing it with a different door. Sometimes I have to move the door to a different wall.

I once downloaded a really lovely house that my Sims simply could not navigate and I couldn't figure out why. As a matter of curiosity I saved it room by room and reassembled it on a different lot. It worked fine. The only thing that I did not copy was the pool.  Wondering

Message 8 of 46 (13,020 Views)

★★ Pro
@DizzyDee-K Thank you for your thoughtful reply. With Coorinberg Cottage the door didn't work because the space in front of it was a place that my Sim couldn't get to for no reason whatsoever. I've been trying to salvage The Summer Home, and I may resort to your suggestion of saving it room by room because as soon as I try to put a bannister/fence in the upstairs hall, the hall is inaccessible again (no objects just bare floor and I took out all the ceiling lights).
Message 9 of 46 (13,013 Views)

Hero
@stjmk I'll take a lookie in the morning :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 46 (13,001 Views)