Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except fitness, toddler, bowling, and laundry stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to/make a park with a public bathroom stall set up nearby a chess table, like at the dog park in Brindleton Bay, and have a sit try to use the bathroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? When instructed to "use bathroom", the "get in line" action shows up in queue, but instead, the sim simply sits down at the chair at the nearby chess table. 
What do you expect to see? For them to actually use the bathroom. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I couldn't find another topic on this, so apologies if there is one. But it's very annoying to have my sim almost have a bladder failure because they can't use the only available toilet on the lot, apparently because the chess tables are a set just a little too close by? Not sure if this happens with other chairs/tables&chairs/benches as well, I've only seen it with chess tables. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted tag

Message 1 of 25 (10,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls

Hero

Sims will be able to use public bathroom stalls. No more holding it until you get home!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (3,153 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims can't use public bathroom stalls when chess tables nearby

Hero
I used to have lots of issues with the bathrooms but it's gotten a lot better for me though and I just tested again and they used the bathroom fines.

Does it only happen after a while or right from start ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (10,701 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls when chess tables near

★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this glitch when there are tables (specifically picnic tables, like those in San Myshunno) are nearby. The sim will at most walk around to the other side of the table, sit down, and forget the queued action for the bathroom. It's become such an issue that I've found myself avoiding the public loo all together. Frown

Message 3 of 25 (10,651 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls when chess tables near

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (10,613 Views)

Sims can't use public toilet because off-the-grid lot trait

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Admiral's Wreckage Lot with an off-the-grid lot trait. Then let sim use the public toilet near it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can't not use public toilet. They will cancel that interaction automatically and sit on the chair in front of that toilet.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to use public toilet in community area.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

So it seems that off-the-grid lot trait will affect the whole map.

Message 5 of 25 (10,640 Views)

Re: Sims can't use public toilet because off-the-grid lot trait

★★★★ Pro

The same has just happened in my game without playing off-the grid. Sim wanted to go to a public toilet on a lounge lot in Sulani, than canceled it and sat down on a swing while the toilet symbol was spamming his queue. However I managed to make him use the toilet at the second try. Looks like toilets are a little bit glitchy.

Message 6 of 25 (10,618 Views)

Hero
@kinot9229 This doesn't seem related to the lot type. I changed the type and the same thing happened.

I also used to have lots of issues in Windenburg when they were first introduced (on that lots with the kids playground).

I'm merging this with the chess table thread and made it more general as there's no chess table as far as I can see on that admirals lot.

It should be good to replicate the issue though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (10,561 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, I've noticed as well. my sims went to a restaurant that had a public toilet and the sims wouldn't use it (wasn't a MOO issue, either--I checked); even directing my sim(s) to use it wouldn't work. I ended up taking out the public one and building a quick bathroom. The sims were very much relieved. ;D
Message 8 of 25 (10,520 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls

★ Guide

I noticed it too when my sim was beach combing. Sent them to the bathroom and was confused when bladder was still in red. Kept sitting down at that picnic table. Got so fed up with them, I was literally saying, "Fine you want to wet yourself, be my guest"

Message 9 of 25 (10,489 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls

★ Guide

This happens anywhere there is a picnic table or something to sit on in my game  - even happeneing in Granite Falls. Would not use the public bathroom - would just go sit down.

Message 10 of 25 (10,471 Views)