outside bathroom glitch?

by BreexGwendolyn

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't use public bathroom stalls

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so I've found a simple work around for this that seems to work, when your sim has the issue were they sit at the table instead of using the bathroom make them walk right in front of the bathroom once they are there then and only then click on the bathroom and select to have them go. Being right there seems to take away whatever is causing the issue to pop up. Hopefully this works for everyone like its working for me.

Message 11 of 25 (2,261 Views)

[XB1] [OR] Sims won't use public bathroom stall

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything up to date (Sept. 11th 2019)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? vacation to Granite Falls and try to use one of the bathroom stalls (near by a firepit) with a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim won't use the bathroom but rather sit down on one of the benches/chairs arround the firepit.
What do you expect to see? the sim to use the bathroom stall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure if this has to do with the latest patch for console or not but I never noticed this before (I noticed it yesterday which was the first time after the latest patch that I went to GF).

Message 12 of 25 (2,237 Views)

Re: [XB1] [OR] Sims won't use public bathroom stall

Hero
@ra7orrat Merging this with the PC thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (2,231 Views)

★★★ Novice
@toramonger This doesn’t work for me. My Sim just walks back to the nearest chair he can find, even if it is ridiculously farther than the bathroom =\
Message 14 of 25 (2,183 Views)

outside bathroom glitch?

★★★★★ Novice

Just since the latest update my sims wont use the outdoor bathrooms, like the Luau Loo or the Unassuming Public Bathroom. Never had this issue until the update. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know a possible fix?

Message 15 of 25 (2,183 Views)

Re: outside bathroom glitch?

Hero
@BreexGwendolyn This is a known issue and seems pretty random.

Could be picnic tables or chess tables influencing it.

Don't think a real solution as been found yet.

I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 25 (2,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Happens to me as well. Picnic tables and log benches (in Granite Falls) seem to intercept the "use the bathroom" or "take a shower" action completely. My workaround for this problem is to burn the problematic furniture, but I can do that thanks to Realm of Magic, and my character being a wizard. It does work, however. Once the furniture is unusable, my Sim uses the nearby public bathroom stall without any problem. So that confirms the benches and picnic tables being a problem. Still needs a proper fix, though.

Message 17 of 25 (2,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue as theirs, except I was playing at Mt. Komorebi and the Festival of Lights.  There was a public bathroom there and two of my Sims with very-low bladder just sat there on the bench nearby like a couple of Pancakes waiting for some non-existent Sim to finish what they were doing so they can have their turns, or at least wait until Public Works comes around to clean it up. Of course, this has started doing that since the Off-the-Grid base game update, most of the time.

Message 18 of 25 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Guide

PS4 - All Packs/Content

This is happening all the time in my games. I find it ridiculous that toddlers can get to a potty but a grown sim when out can't get themselves to a toilet?? Really bad in retail shops (yes there is a bathroom & there is no routing issues) and at festivals. Sims will prioritise talking over not wetting themselves.

Message 19 of 25 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jachukwu07 This didn't work for me either sadly.
Message 20 of 25 (1,523 Views)