by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't go certain places as if it's blocked off

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family of sims with a baby. Have the baby anywhere. Put a sim in another room. Once the baby starts crying for something (food or diaper change) click on the baby and choose the needed option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim trying to do the action says that the baby is not accessible even though the baby is.
What do you expect to see? Babies should be considered accessible when they are.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons patch

‌I seem to have an issue after the Seasons update. My sims say that they can't go to a certain place like to tend to the baby. They just say that it's not accessible even though it clearly is. I have to manually move the sim by selecting "go here" multiple times. I would really appreciate it if this were fixed. I am willing to give out save files if necessary.

Message 1 of 15 (5,998 Views)

Re: Sims can't go certain places as if it's blocked off

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, please upload your save

@Hi_its_Nobody

The bug template seems to be back in working condition. Could you edit the first post for me and add all the info ? Thanks 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (5,927 Views)

★ Guide
I'm having a problem, I keep trying to share my save files to you but there's a notification that keeps saying that it's a misauthenicated thing (something like that) so what should I do?
Message 3 of 15 (5,896 Views)

Hero
You can't share them here. You need to upload them to google drive or oneDrive and then PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (5,886 Views)

★ Guide
That's what I'm trying to do though
Message 5 of 15 (5,869 Views)

Hero
Sending the PM or uploading to either of those places ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (5,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sending the PM link

Message 7 of 15 (5,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had this issue with a few items. Putting toddlers to bed, as well as using the toilet. Sims will wave their arms and say it's not accessible. I had to move the toilet to another wall to get sims to move there. Also, I noticed something else with this bug. In the area around the object the sims couldn't reach, the ground wasn't even clickable. I can confirm the area was accessible. The room was huge and I removed all objects but the one the sim 'can't reach' and they still said something in another room was blocking it. Moving said object wouldn't work, it would be replaced by another random object no where near the route path.  Really odd bug. I fixed it by remaking the room from scratch, but the bug now happens when trying to put toddlers to bed, but the toddlers can stroll up and go to bed fine. For me, this bug also came along with the newest patch, 6/19. 

Message 8 of 15 (5,836 Views)

Hero
@Hi_its_Nobody What error are you getting when trying to send me an PM.

You can just post the link here if you want. I'll edit it out as soon as I have your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (5,806 Views)

★ Guide
Now it worked so maybe the message timed out or something? Anyways, the files have been sent.
Message 10 of 15 (5,791 Views)