Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims autonomously removing wild plants

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are autonomously removing wild plants.
What do you expect to see? No autonomous removing of wild plants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch (1.52.100.1020)

Since the latest patch, my sims are autonomously cueing up to remove wild plants (luckily I have caught them... most the time). I have experienced this in 2 different save games, and two new (vanilla) games. And, as usual, I always do the standard suggested things (delete localthumbcache, etc).

I am guessing this (what I think is a ) bug might be a poorly implemented design (which was supposed to be for the Sulani gameplay). I don't have Island living, and (after seeing so many more - reported - bugs in game than is common for the franchise) I don't want to (shame, because the build/buy stuff looks great).

I am also having issues with sims storing BBQ'd food in their inventory- which affects GP when the food is for a gathering. Also having issues with not having the welcome wagon show up anymore. [Note from EA_Mai: if anyone is having this second issue, please, join this thread and press 'Me too' in there. Let's use this one only for Sims autonomously removing wild plants.]

Message 1 of 25 (3,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims autonomously removing wild plants

Hero

NPC Sims that are not Gardeners will no longer remove Wild Plants from lots autonomously.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 25 (3,223 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

I don't think that this problem is new. I have had problems with Sims removing wild plants since Jungle Adventures.

Message 2 of 25 (3,501 Views)

★ Expert
@JasonVega2 I never had this issue until the latest patch, and my GP is all gardening based (it's one of the main things I always do/play).
Message 3 of 25 (3,497 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims autonomously removing wild plants

★ Guide

I had this issue from the vampire patch.

Message 4 of 25 (3,436 Views)

★ Pro

For me not new with active Sim but since last patch, I have witnessed my active Sim removing wild plants, in her home neighbourhood of Willow Creek. While in Granite Falls trying to do the aspiration, I also witnessed other out of world Sims removing plants.

Message 5 of 25 (3,423 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this since the latest patch. Before I noticed my other sim cleared up Granite Falls Frown

Message 6 of 25 (3,389 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (3,321 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims autonomously removing wild plants

★ Apprentice

Just adding a "me, too" here but wanted to add that this is especially obnoxious because if your Sim is a conservationist they have to survey wildlife as part of their at-home work tasks, and if they keep removing all the plants, there won't BE any wildlife to survey. I've already run into this issue - the island has been completely cleaned up of all plants, so they have to use the fishing sign, cave, and waterfall, but you can only do those once and then there's a cooling off period. It makes the task take a lot longer than it should, or at least imo.

Message 8 of 25 (3,297 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Sims do this on PS4 also. It's especially horrible when you are waiting on a lot with long spawns like Sixam where the fang trees take forever to spawn and bloom, and your sim decides to remove wild plants on one. I have to turn off autonomy whenever I am on a special lot waiting for stuff to grow otherwise they pull up all the plants you are waiting for.

Message 9 of 25 (3,292 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@merin0307 I *wondered* what happened to all the wild plants on Mua Pel'am! I'll bet that they were all autonomously removed by NPC Sims. I never saw it happen, but I wondered why all those plants were gone!
Message 10 of 25 (3,267 Views)