by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims automatically meeting everyone in every venue they go to

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest Version - 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my first pet stuff and backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to any lot will automatically make you acquintances with them resulting in having 100 friends and friendslist lags when trying to open it because you met so many people
What happens when the bug occurs? Just by going to any venue with npcs in it
What do you expect to see? Only meeting with people that i want to meet via introduction and not having every sim in the world iin my friends list
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened with the latest patch

When you travel with your sim into a place with npcs or just even npcs coming to your neighbourhood you end up being acquintances with them even if you or the npc doesnt talk to each other. Everyone in the venue gets added automatically to your friends list as acquintances. Also even if my sim have only worked from home she ended up having all her co workers as acquintances in her friends list. After 2 days of ingame time your friends list is overloaded and everytime i try to open it it lags my game. I have tried it with couple of sims. Doesnt matter whether they are a celebrity or not. If your living in a dorm you end up knowing everyone that shows up to the dorm even if you have never spoken to them.

Message 1 of 9 (2,281 Views)

Re: Sims automatically meeting everyone in every venue they go to

Hero
@senquert84 Tested this on a new save and sent my Sim to the park. After a few hours she knew 3 people (a lot more on the lot more were there). Sh had talked to all three of them on her own.

Do you mean this only happens in dorms or generally on all lots for you ? Only in the uni world or all of them ?

I didn't test with my Uni Sim has they already know everyone in the dorm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It somehow generally happens in lots. But yes mostly in the dorms. My sim ends up knowing everyone that comes for the party or so without talking to them. I repaired my game but happens in both of my save files. Maybe it just happens random? One of my sims have the incredibly friendly trait maybe thats why it happens more with her? I feel like with the last update we meet more sims in general and i guess that is intentional? Thank you so much for the reply!
Message 3 of 9 (2,236 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@senquert84 They shouldn't appear in your FL if you don't talk to them. It could be a trait issue.

Going to tag this as needs input to see if others have this issue as I don't have much time for more testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for the help!
Message 5 of 9 (2,226 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict
I have the same problem. One of my sims is a global superstar and everytime a fan asks for a hug or autograph they get added to his friendslist. After a while his friendslist got overloaded and lags while trying to open it. It isnt a new save after the update but the problem started happening after it.
Message 6 of 9 (2,202 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims automatically meeting everyone in every venue they go to

★ Novice

it is 2022 and i just started this game and experienced this bug for the first time. The only thing i have done differently is have my sims in a club 

Message 7 of 9 (1,583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@senquert84 Same problem in 2023! This shows they NEVER FIX THE GAME!
Message 8 of 9 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Skeeter55555 5 years and still the same problem! I will NEVER BUY anything else from Sims games or EA, that they can count on!
Message 9 of 9 (796 Views)