by Anonymous

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims age multiple days in one day

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs, All Stuff Packs, All Free Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I started a new fresh game multiple times meaning I deleted the "Electronic Arts" folder from documents and started fresh and I kept track of the sims aging. Before a sim when you start a new game the aging bar is not full and each passing day the sim ages once but now my sim doesn't age once, like every few in-game hours my sim from 93 days would go down to 88 then next day it would go down to 85 and it doubles from there. Can this issue be fixed in the next patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims age very fast even if the lifespan is modified in the settings to long.
What do you expect to see? Sims age very fast from 93 to 88 in one sim day and it happens constantly. Sims should have their age bar not a quarter full when starting a new game and also age fast even on long lifespan setting or any age setting from normal all the way to long
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't make any change I started a fresh new save and this issue happened and I think it happened when Island living was released.

I started a new fresh game multiple times meaning I deleted the "Electronic Arts" folder from documents and started fresh and I kept track of the sims aging. Before a sim when you start a new game the aging bar is not full and each passing day the sim ages once but now my sim doesn't age once, like every few in-game hours my sim from 93 days would go down to 88 then next day it would go down to 85 and it doubles from there. Can this issue be fixed in the next patch.

Message 1 of 15 (3,649 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Aging Bug - Fast Aging

Hero
@Anonymous To be sure I understand you right: Is this about the age bar change they made where you don't start a 0 anymore but for example in the middle of the age bar or do you experience age bar moving faster days after you put them in ?

Basically

Create new Sim, put in game, age bar is say in middle --> This is by design

Play existing Sim or the new one you created for a while and each day two or thee age days pass instead of one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,583 Views)

Anonymous

Thanks for confirming this part of first issue about the age bar. Now secondly yes if I am playing a sim or a new one I created each passing day in-game my sims goes from 86 to 84 days left and it doubles the next day 84 to 80 then 80 to 76 its as if there is a bug and I am not using any mods I have a clean save also I have the game checked for errors but still the same.

Message 3 of 15 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anonymous Does this happen for all age groups and Sims ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,563 Views)

Anonymous

Yes it happens for all age groups and sims. Here's a video of the problem, Watch the whole thing. I started from a new game completely and from the first sim day from 86 days to 84 days till age up and it doubles down quickly instead of one sim day. But here is a sample video of the problem: https://mega.nz/#!Z852lShK!-U5cFYyBq5IY797Kivb1rpoB4C_a4fE4FtP3JhILSTw

Message 5 of 15 (3,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anonymous Thanks for the video

Currently don't have the time to further look into this so marking as Needs Input to see if anyone else sees this in their game.

Also forwarded to QA.

Here's the thread for the initially added age which is by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Age-groups-start-with-random-days-added-from-CAS/m-p/7189326#M77327

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,498 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims age multiple days in one day

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Anonymous 
To clarify you are seeing an unusual fast speed of aging while playing with long lifespan. Is that correct?
As you stated this is affecting all ages I am testing with a male and female pair of teens created in CAS.

To be sure they are at the same starting age I immediately gave them each a youth potion.

Starting with a newly generated folder (everything was moved or deleted and I let the game generate new files) I am playing them on long lifespan.

Only a few days in but I am not seeing any signs of rapid aging.
Teens Sunday Day one Teen to YA = 56 days
Thursday Teen to YA = 52 days

As this was observed on the fourth day of them being in game I am not seeing anything unusual.
Game testing takes a while so please allow time for this to play out a bit longer.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
Game Version 1.58.63.1010 Patch 12Nov2019
All content installed thru Discover University
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Edit: I noticed your Sim in the video already showed some age progression.  And saw him go from 86 to 84 days to the next stage in one day?
Was this a brand new Sim from CAS?
Was he created using the CAS Story options?
May not be a factor but could be useful in the investigation.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 15 (3,461 Views)

Anonymous

@EuphorialQueen 

1. Yes the sim in that video did go from 86 days to 84 days in one sim day. The video is a sample of the problem however it occurs all the time each sim day it doubles down from 84 to 78 in one sim day and on and on.

2. Yes the sim is brand new from CAS and not imported from the gallery.

3. No he wasn't created using the CAS Story options.

I also repaired the game via Origin but still the same.

Message 8 of 15 (3,426 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Anonymous 

Neither myself nor other players have been able to replicate this issue. 

It may somehow be unique to your game. 

Hopefully it can be resolved so you can once again enjoy your game.

Following this thread for additional feedback.

-EQ Avid Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 15 (3,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I have this issue as well. Did you get it fixed?

Message 10 of 15 (3,057 Views)