by sushicrow

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims View Empty Easels

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game with viewing of items unmodded.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims view empty easels (both npc and pc).
What do you expect to see? For sims to view paintings, paintings on easels, not empty easels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've removed mods folder, cleared cache and repaired game.

Message 1 of 10 (2,029 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims View Empty Easels

Hero

Hi @sushicrow 

is this about them doing it on their own only or do you have a View option on empty easels ?

Is this on all lots or only certain ones ? Also i you put easels in the world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,976 Views)

★ Guide

This is on all worlds. Sims view empty easels automonously. The easels work normally when clicked. I haven't added easels to the world, other than in Sims' homes. When not a sim's house, most of the autonomous easel viewing happens in San Mushino.

Message 3 of 10 (1,961 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,958 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,917 Views)

This literally just happened to me in game. I was fairly confused, to say the least. Again, my last update was the June patch - I don't have IL yet, but I have everything else. And it was a home lot in Newcrest.

Message 6 of 10 (1,826 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,688 Views)

★ Pro

I think I first noticed this when we got CL and the Art Center venue. I don't pay much attention to it, because it doesn't seem to have any ill effect, but I think it's still around. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims View Empty Easels

★★ Guide

I have also seen this. While playing the pancakes I caught them staring at the empty easel on the balcony.

Message 9 of 10 (1,591 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims View Empty Easels

★★★ Guide
As soon as my sim is idle, and no stereo to dance to, they go and stare at the easel. I can't stop it with MCCC autonomy scan, because there is no "View" option for easels. My guess is they treat it like a painting or any other piece of art. Its not a game breaker, but to me, its pointless and a waste of time.

it has happened in every house and world I've played, also with NPC's.
Message 10 of 10 (1,521 Views)