by EeveeTinn

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims Use Locked Laptop from Inventory to Browse Web

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a laptop (I had the inexpensive strangerville laptop here), lock it, place it in the sims personal inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will take the locked laptop out of their inventory to browse the web on it.
What do you expect to see? A locked item staying locked. The item says it's locked when the sim places it on the table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have locked the laptops for everyone. I then placed the locked laptops into the sim inventory, and they constantly get the locked laptop out to browse the web. The laptop is still locked when they put it down to use it, but autonomous browsing the web overrides the lock while the laptop is in their inventory. The sims do not do this when the laptop is locked and not in their inventory.

The Sims™ 4_20200616095045.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200616095105.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (594 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Use Locked Laptop from Inventory to Browse Web

★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I think I have this happening on regular PC's as well. I locked one PC for everyone except one Sim, and other Sims would occasionally (autonomously) use the locked computer for browsing, if the other 'free' computer was in use by someone else. I do not have that save anymore unfortunately.
Message 2 of 2 (472 Views)