[OPEN] Sims put objects in Box/Chest instead of container (fridge, bookshelf)

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Sims Put Books in ICYA Chest Instead of on Bookshelf

★★★ Guide
The house I tested in is a 1-story house with a single sim. Its really hit or miss if he puts the book back in the bookcase, or in a chest of any kind, the distance doesn't seem to matter much at all. I don't have many saves installed right now, but I'll see if I can put in one with a bigger house and more sims in it.

I haven't seen it done with food yet, most of my sims are vampires, and I usually drag the food to the fridge myself. Its just easier than waiting for my sims to do it.
Message 11 of 44 (1,823 Views)

★★★ Pro

@NZsimm3r I ended up removing the chests from the lots.  I got tired of my Sims passing up the bookcase to go put the books in the chest.  I started ending up with a bookcase with no books and having to search two chests for books.  I will test with food if I decide to add the chests back to the game.

Message 12 of 44 (1,289 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@canelacaliente @Kathykins @NZsimm3r  You can place the chests (all of them) up on the top floor of the building under the roof. You still have access to the storage but the sims won't put random items in them because they aren't accessible to them. 

It's not a solution to the issue by any means, but it does allow you to still use the chests in the meantime without worrying about missing books or food.

Message 13 of 44 (1,278 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Put Books in Chest Instead of on Bookshelf

★★★★ Pro

This has never happened to me before I installed DU and started to use the ICYA chests. I haven't had any problems with any other chests as far as I can remember.

Message 14 of 44 (1,219 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Put Books in Chest Instead of on Bookshelf

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had a sim who was in a homework club with some classmates, I had previously put read books in the activities along with do homework and socialize but had to take it out because that was all they would do and they would leave books laying all around. Anyway, my sim has a chest which is next to a dresser that has a bookend on it. When I had her clean up all the books after her friends left, she put every single one into the chest. The bookend is definitely accessible.

Message 15 of 44 (1,167 Views)

Sim put Book not back in the book pile after reading but the DIY-trunk

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP besides eco ls, all GP a bunch of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim puts pook not back in the book pile after reading but the DIY-trunk from university.
What do you expect to see? i expect the sim to put the book back in the pile (or on the floor or a table if sim is lazy, but not in the storage trunk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the last patch, you know what you did there, break a lot of things as usual

Sim puts pook not back in the book pile after reading but the DIY-trunk from university.
i expect the sim to put the book back in the pile (or on the floor or a table if sim is lazy, but not in the storage trunk

Message 16 of 44 (1,150 Views)

Re: Sim put Book not back in the book pile after reading but the DIY-trunk

Hero
@rottenmeier I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 44 (1,114 Views)

Maid puts food & dishes in icya chest instead of fridge

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Gp05 1 assets live gp05.155
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except eco living. All game packs except spa & dining out. Stuff packs for tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, & spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have icya chest. Leave food servings (not spoiled) and plates on tables & counters. When maid comes she will put it in the chest not the fridge. Also puts books in chest instead of bookshelf. Noticed in appartment after June update. Smaller location has fridge and chest fairly close to each other. I haven't played in other lots yet to confirm if it happens outside appartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Food is in cabinet and can be dragged out into fridge. Dishes are not visible in chest but sim will pull them out when cleaning up other dishes.
What do you expect to see? I expected the maid to put food in fridge and to clean up dishes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happens after June 2020 updates

No screen shot at this time.

Message 18 of 44 (1,201 Views)

Re: Maid puts food & dishes in icya chest instead of fridge

Hero
@skycrop I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 44 (1,171 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Put Books in Chest Instead of on Bookshelf

★★★ Novice

I've had the same problem and upon looking into it, it's because for some idiotic reason it's designed that way. If you look at the tuning for a book, storage boxes are a valid inventory type, right alongside the bookshelf and a sim's inventory (and a few sales spots). And the worst part is, as far as I can tell, to change it, you'd have to go into EACH and every book type; there isn't one object called book. And you can't do it on the storage boxes end; they don't say what goes in them, the objects say where they can be put. So I doubt this will ever be fixed; simple fix but it would take forever to do it.

Message 20 of 44 (1,055 Views)