by CapitanTony

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims Interrupted While Eating if a card table is nearby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct a Sim with a medium hunger motive to eat a bowl of clam chowder.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim sits down, takes one bite, and then stands up.
What do you expect to see? When directed to eat a bowl of clam chowder, the Sim continues eating the clam chowder until the dish is depleted or the hunger motive is filled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have not yet identified a pattern.

Message 1 of 32 (4,535 Views)

Re: Sims Interrupted While Eating

★★ Novice

I have discovered that upon some occasions, Sims will also attempt to leave the dining table with the clam chowder and autonomously play cards. 

Message 2 of 32 (4,408 Views)

Hero
Do you only see this for clam chowder or other foods as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 32 (4,389 Views)

★★ Novice
I saw it work for grilled cheese as well. One of the times, I looked like the queue added autonomous card playing on the Got Game Table while another Sim was in the lot. The action seems to queue and the Sim starts to stand up as if to travel to the card table, but then within a moment the queue is empty and the Sim is idle. I will have to test whether this happens in other households.
Message 4 of 32 (4,363 Views)

Hero
I've tried that in my game with the clam chowder and it's working fine for me.

Could you test this on a fresh save that never saw a mod/cc to see if it also occurs there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 32 (4,336 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've seen Sims eating at the table and get up before finishing the meal. When I check, I too see the autonomous card table added to the queue and then it disappears. Leaves Sim standing with no interactions. I think the card table is broken. I have an issue where instructing a Sim to Join Game at the card table fails and leaves them standing.
Message 6 of 32 (4,300 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, past days I've been playing no matter what my Sims are eating they have been wanting to go play cards. Before they even finish eating, the card playing will enter the present actions before I can stop it. Thus, my Sim will get up, leave their half eaten food on the table and by the time I stop them from going to the card table, I can't get them to eat their food again because the option isn't available - it only offers "Clean up". What a waste of food! When I tried a different family that also has a card table, I just stuck the table into the dang inventory.

In note, though... the card playing being autonomously added to the queue hasn't always been spurred on by eating... some of mine just suddenly has it appear... sort of like that autonomous clay molding... but with cards.
Message 7 of 32 (4,224 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims Interrupted While Eating

★★★★★ Apprentice

The card game has become a problem. I was very happy when my sims suddenly wanted to use it...at first. But now, that's all they think about. Not just while eating; I changed one in a nightclub just now from Llama to cards, and my sim wanted to instantly stop dancing and play. It got worse when a couple of sims sat down; he had three wants to use it at a time. Even happened at home while he was sleeping. I get the feeling some of this has to do with this autonomousSimPicker xml (at least once sims start using it) to do things like join dancing, watch tv, etc,  which is way over the top (there is one aimed at the card table, too).

Message 8 of 32 (4,193 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Wafflebaby

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Also, Does this issue only occur with the clam chowder?

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 32 (4,175 Views)

★★ Novice
It also happened with grilled cheese. Judging by the above posts, it may be more about the card table being present on the lot than the type of food. I tried to start a new game and see if I could replicate the problem, but it generally didn't occur when I was expecting it so I could see what was going on. I can check to see if I have a save file from when I noticed it occurring a lot.
Message 10 of 32 (4,114 Views)