Re: Computer Chatting Increases Relationships Extremely Quickly

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims Gain Relationship Extremely Fast doing ...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 Sims swing together. I'm not sure if it matters but my sim 'Ask to Swing With...' interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims gain relationship extremely fast. I mean, insanely fast. You can swing with a stranger and be best friends like less than 2 Sim hours. Watch their relationship gain, it jumps maybe 10 or 8 percent every 3/4 sim seconds. I'm not sure if it's intentional, but if it is, it's really jarring and weird.
What do you expect to see? Your sims not know strangers in and out instantly because you swung on some kid's swings for an hour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tested this with a few sims now. .I also have had instances where it doesn't keep gaining consistently every 3 seconds, but only once when they start the interaction. Other times it will just repeat and continuously gain, as if it's stuck gaining. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,662 Views)

Re: Sims Gain Relationship On Swings Extremely Fast (Maybe Bug?)

EA Staff

Hi @wobibobi

Does this occur on a fresh save game without any mods/cc?

Thank you for your report!

Message 2 of 6 (3,593 Views)

Re: Sims Gain Relationship On Swings Extremely Fast (Maybe Bug?)

★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

Hello! 

I removed my mods folder and opened a new save, made some sims, placed down the swing set and this bug persists. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,578 Views)

Computer Chatting Increases Relationships Extremely Quickly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Fully up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim chat with someone over the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Relationships between Sims increase EXTREMELY quickly when chatting over the computer.
What do you expect to see? Chatting over the computer should not increase relationships THIS quickly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

I've noticed something recently that I can't recall ever seeing before Seasons. For some reason, having two Sims chat over the computer will increase their relationship EXTREMELY quickly. Maybe it's related to the swing bug that was just posted? For best possible duplication, have the two Sims only be very minor acquaintances. Have them chat over the computer, put it on triple speed, and watch them just about instantly become friends.

Message 4 of 6 (3,558 Views)

Hero
@Lorraine-Simmer Merging threads for now.

I'll do some testing tomorrow to see if I can duplicate both issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,552 Views)

Hero

Did some testing for both issues and can't duplicate either.

Had my Sim swing with another for about half a day, they didn't even make it to friends. Had my child chat with a friend during the same time, they also didn't make it to friends.

Tagging this as needs input for not to see if others have this issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,505 Views)