by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Sim won’t eat if another action is behind it

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim eat
What happens when the bug occurs? If there is another task after eating, it gets cancelled out and sim moves onto the next task.
What do you expect to see? Sim actually eat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 20 (2,628 Views)

Re: Sim won’t eat if another action is behind it

Hero

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

--------------

Does it matter what you queue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no, it happens with everything (listen to radio, watch tv, go to bathroom, etc.)

Message 3 of 20 (2,498 Views)

Hero
@awheels77 DO you see that in every household you play or just in a certain one ?

Could you test a fresh save for testing purposes to see if the same issue occurs there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (2,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@awheels77

The way I've seen it happens is this...

If YOU cue up an action, it doesn't automatically get cancelled in favor of the next one. You can cue up as many as you like and they'll all stay there until complete.

If the SIM cues up an action automatically and YOU cue up a second, the one the SIM cued up will get cancelled in favor of yours.

Your actions will always take precedence over the ones the Sim does automatically.

Message 5 of 20 (2,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict All households, just tested a different save on a few different Xbox accounts and all the same thing
Message 6 of 20 (2,414 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps Yeah, I noticed that but the thing is I will ask them to do both and it just cancels out the eating interaction
Message 7 of 20 (2,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@awheels77

If you cue up eating and another task and it cancels eating, then that's not normal. It shouldn't do your second action until the first one is complete. It's not a bug in the game 'cause mine doesn't do that. You may want to do a game repair and try playing without mods to see if that may be causing it.

Although there is an exception... there is a mod with the initials "WW" that we can't speak about here.  Actions from that mods override everything.

Message 8 of 20 (2,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I’m on console so no mods Frown
Message 9 of 20 (2,367 Views)

Hero
@awheels77 Are they already eating when you queue the second task or do you put both at the same time ? Could you test both scenarios if you haven't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (2,317 Views)